or Connect

Posts by sdbryan

Really? You take their word as gospel when they claim a return rate of 2% without any clear specification of the denominator? Base on "sales" of two million or the much smaller number that consumers purchased? Right now their credibility is shot with anyone except true believers. If Apple were caught in a bald faced lie, I would be cautious about their subsequent claims.
Ha! It would probably be gratifying to show how completely out of touch with reality your views are but there is almost no chance you will be anywhere to be found. You will have moved on to a new identity and still spewing silly counter factual statistics (Galaxy Tab owns 1/5 of the market???? Please, show me even one in the wild. It is simply a lie.) There are Apple stockholders here who do care specifically how well Apple performs. However, my guess is that most people...
Let's not forget that Motorola designed and manufactured the 68000 CPU that powered the original Macs. So does that make them complicit in some evil mysterious plot that is depicted in the ad?
Wow! What a big steaming bowl of claim chowder this would be if anyone cared what nonsense you spew. Also, you will be nowhere to be found when reality becomes inescapable (i.e. When publicly traded companies are required to report numbers without "inadvertent" spin). Yes, I know how foolish it is to feed the trolls, but this stuff is just too choice. The thing about the Samsung tablet is how invisible it is. I've never seen one in public. It reminds me of Zune back when...
Did you bother to read the article? All I read was that an app could not require the user to purchase from an external vendor. If an outside source (like the Kindle store at Amazon) was made available, then the app would have to offer the same items from within the app. This would obviously allow Apple to make more money but it also makes such purchases less tedious for people who value simplicity (I don't, but I can understand why one might). No one is required to...
No, you don't need a contract to use a 3G iPad and still have internet access. The 3G iPad comes with wifi. If wifi does not suffice you can get 3G connectivity on a month to month basis for a relatively low cost. I would hope competing tablets would have similar flexibility but who knows?
The fortunate part is that the update from Leopard to Snow Leopard is just $25, unlike most major updates.
Nooooooooooo!!!!! Sure, you could allow it as an option, but making it "mandatory" or even the default would be disastrously disruptive to the Mac market. Not everyone who uses a Mac is a casual user regardless of what Apple haters might say. Locking down the Mac would be like cutting off the oxygen supply to the Apple ecosystem.
I think this story is being blown out of proportion. I bought my iPod touch at Costco and there was a decent discount. But I believe they were only selling iPods. No computers, iPads, or even iPhones? Not sure about that last item. Anyhow we are basically talking about portable media players. How much technical expertise would really be used? When the battery started to underperform I went across town and into the foothills to the very inconveniently located Apple Store to...
Everyone is entitled to an opinion but some suffer from a reality deficiency. I don't know what "going like absolute stink" means but having the fastest adoption rate ever of any "new technology device" probably argues otherwise. You can also rest assured there are plenty of people more technically adept than you who agree with your father. But the more arguably fact deficient opinion is that the Mac platform is already wearing thin. Consider the fact that the Mac has...