or Connect

Posts by sdbryan

Nooooooooooo!!!!! Sure, you could allow it as an option, but making it "mandatory" or even the default would be disastrously disruptive to the Mac market. Not everyone who uses a Mac is a casual user regardless of what Apple haters might say. Locking down the Mac would be like cutting off the oxygen supply to the Apple ecosystem.
I think this story is being blown out of proportion. I bought my iPod touch at Costco and there was a decent discount. But I believe they were only selling iPods. No computers, iPads, or even iPhones? Not sure about that last item. Anyhow we are basically talking about portable media players. How much technical expertise would really be used? When the battery started to underperform I went across town and into the foothills to the very inconveniently located Apple Store to...
Everyone is entitled to an opinion but some suffer from a reality deficiency. I don't know what "going like absolute stink" means but having the fastest adoption rate ever of any "new technology device" probably argues otherwise. You can also rest assured there are plenty of people more technically adept than you who agree with your father. But the more arguably fact deficient opinion is that the Mac platform is already wearing thin. Consider the fact that the Mac has...
They are charged to make a profit, not to be stupid. It can make sense to offer some things for free because of the network effect. The network effect causes something to become much more valuable as it becomes more ubiquitous. If there is an increasing probability that iOS and OS X devices are actually using the cloud services that come with Mobile Me then it becomes more likely that developers will enhance products with those cloud services making Apple devices more...
No, I don't think you are being put on. No self respecting Trojan would require your password for permission to do as it pleases. In the past a Trojan would run and appear to perform as advertised but commit mischief without betraying its intentions by requesting permission. I suppose this could be classified as a trojan for particularly dumb people.
There seems to be an endless supply of Apple bashers across the decades. Back in 1981 when IBM launched its PC there was the Business Week cover declaring Apple was done. This continued through the 80's since it was claimed that Windows was "good enough". It reached an infamous peak of sorts in 1997 with: "What would I do? I'd shut it down and give the money back to the shareholders," Michael Dell said. Then there were executives from Palm and Nokia who chuckled out loud...
You are misinterpreting the remark. Windows 7 is a desktop OS. Microsoft has tried for about a decade to sell tablets with a desktop OS and a tablet retrofit. To say that has been a failure might be exaggerating but after the iPhone, iPad example showed how well an OS rebuilt almost from scratch could do it seems surprising to see yet another repeat of the old strategy. You don't have to be a fanboy to see the clear difference between Apple's strategy and what is being...
Really, you don't understand how that sig relates to technology issues? Then it would appear to me that you might not be very bright. Creationists who cling rather pathetically to a literal interpretation of the Bible show an indifference to scientific thought and technological achievements. That would make them unreliable interpreters of laws pertaining to technology. Don't worry about excising anything from your posts since they will be ignored in any case. I try to...
One of the main differences between iOS devices and OSX computers is the former are full screen while the latter have a windowed interface (sometimes with full screen option). On the other hand I don't think all that work is needed. Apple is always updating their SDKs and APIs so it would just be part of an update if a "smaller" iPad were contemplated.
git --version git version 1.7.2.1 Already there. I'm not saying it could not be fixed, just that it is far from fun.