or Connect

Posts by sdbryan

Because voice is just an app, not an overpriced, monopolistic service that arose due to historical accident. The 3G iPod touch, if it is a reality, could be a crucial step toward more rationally priced voice service. More like $15 per month, free text messaging, innovative new communication options created by third parties with no long term commitment rather than $100 per month. Of course if you prefer to prop up anachronistic but politically connected companies, feel free.
I think the iPhone is transitional until the carriers' perverse dominance is diminished. This is the direction indicated by the iPad 3G which allows wifi to be augmented by 3G on a month to month basis and also by rumored FaceTime capability for iPod touch over wifi.
I don't think you understand the idea of the tablet as Apple has presented it. It could have a USB port, HDMI port, Athlon processor, access to the file system, full MS Office, Flash, etc. But rather than throw in the kitchen sink Apple chose to consign all that legacy to the dustbin of history and try a new approach to personal computing. The iPad is utterly cool and I mean that in the sense of its temperature. Before getting it I suspected it would get hot to the touch...
Who is being more stubborn here? Elgato has been offering EyeTV for many years which is a high quality, flexible DVR solution for the Mac. If Apple doesn't sell it, you won't buy it?
Enterprises who want to develop apps for their own use are supported by Apple:http://developer.apple.com/programs/iphone/enterprise/ Did you even bother googling before making your pronouncement?
Right, and what OS have they created? What silicon have they designed? They are the second largest computer assembler in the world. I imagine they make a lot of money but what have they created? Even their netbooks are actually manufactured by another company.
I don't believe that is entirely true. OK, I only bought albums but I thought "Money" was released as a single in order to promote the popularity of "Dark Side of the Moon".
This may be your belief and the PR was certainly handled poorly but it hasn't changed fundamental facts. The product launch has been huge. The reviews have been glowing, even from Consumer Reports, and the demand has been unquenchable even this long after launch. In a real disaster there would be stacks of unsold product. People with any amount of sophistication and experience know that bleeding edge products often have issues and the important factor is how they are...
OK buddy, pull over! That is two incorrect instances of using "loose" rather than the correct "lose" in one brief post: "losing money" and "lose 11k workers". I'll let you off with a warning this time but lose the loose unless it is appropriate.
How is this for a possible alternative? Inform us that you own or owned an iPhone4 and the antenna issue was a matter of actual concern to you. One thing I can't stand are all the individuals with strident opinions but no actual interest. You know, people who never have and never intend to purchase an Apple product but have an irrepressible need to pontificate. Jehovah Witnesses come to my door from time to time promoting their faith and frankly I am not interested in...