or Connect

Posts by sdbryan

"Every facet of its business." Free correction worth every penny charged.
Let's say a company bought 100 Macs and 2000 PCs in the previous year. If Mac sales increase 60% while PC sales increase 5%, then there were 60 more Macs and 100 more PC's sold in the current year. The percentage difference appears huge (60 >> 5) but 60 is less than 100. It is usually useful to look at percentages but let's not forget that the actual numbers tell an important story also.
Sure it could. Recall how the iPhone was released without any 3rd party apps, SDK's or demos. Apple would want to provide a clear direction with in house apps that set a standard for a new way to interact with a 'simple' TV remote. Training for a third interface paradigm (fourth if you include command line interface with mouse/keyboard, multitouch, and remote control or whatever the new one might be) could justify the added training time. Of course Microsoft has its media...
Try looking up 20th anniversary Mac on the Google. It was in recognition of Apple's 20th anniversary rather than the Mac's but it does exist.
What fantasy world do you currently live in? Nobody, and I mean nobody has a 20% price advantage on Apple in the iPad market. The only question currently is how hopelessly overpriced "competitive" devices are and how lame the software is. If a customer hates Apple I'm sure he will buy from a competitor just like there was a market for the Zune. How did that turn out for the true disbelievers?
Is the Nook (and Nook Color) really considered an Android tablet? Doesn't it have to be rooted in order to do much more than serve as a book reading device? I have seen some Kindles (also a tablet?) "in the wild" but Nooks I've only seen in B & N and Best Buy stores. Both have probably been sold in quantity but putting them in the same category as the iPad seems an unwarranted stretch.
No, it isn't. The aggregate of all phones running Android may outsell the current model iPhone (US, international?). But both Android and iOS are operating systems. Besides the iPhone there are millions of iPod touch, iPads, and AppleTV's that all also run iOS. Leaving them out of the totals is simply incompetent and/or disengenuous. This entire phase of enhanced capability of mobile OS's was jump started by Apple and iOS continues to grow explosively. Ignoring or denying...
I always interject when I hear nonsense being spewed. Yes, I am that guy. On the other hand I am seldom in Best Buy.
Only people who shouldn't comment probably know. I did buy my 3rd gen iPod touch from Costco and they did provide a good discount. I could imagine other third party retailers not being happy with that situation. When I got my 1st gen iPad from Best Buy on launch day there was no discount. As for Toys R Us, I think Apple is doing the right thing to sell consumer electronics devices like the iPad and iPods in as many locations as feasible and keep opening Apple Stores in...
How could they do that? Safari is only built as an iOS, Mac OS, and Windows browser. I haven't heard of a version built for Android OS.