or Connect

Posts by Xao

Ahh, the Network Utility is where it was at. Yes, I will have to reapply the patch. That kind of stinks.
I purchased the 802.11n enabler for my MBP C2D and ran it with no problems, however, I recently rebuilt my system with a fresh load (upgraded HD) and was curious, do I need to re-apply this update, or did it enable it in hardware not software? Thanks!
Why oh why do I have until August 15th until my contract expires? Can you believe MY WIFE said today, let's BOTH get iPhones!!! I was on my way to the AT&T store quicker than a wipper snapper.... As I'm driving, I'm calling Verizon and ask for my contract expiration date, they respond 08/15/07, am I thinking about cancelling? I say, the iPhone is just tugging too hard, "but we have many phones that can do the same thing".... Uhmm..... I finally respond that I'm a...
I have a Buffalo Nfinity 802.11n router that I installed OpenWRT on. I also have a new MacBook Pro (15", 2.33GHz) and purchased the 802.11n enable driver from Apple. After installing it, I rebooted and it promptly crashed upon reboot during the connection. I have seen a few other mentions that when connecting to 3rd party 802.11n routers, OS X crashes. Luckily, I have another wireless router here that is 802.11g and when I connect up to it, no problems. ...
I thought I had seen somewhere once the ability to disable a core in the C2D Macs? I have a new MacBook Pro C2D system and when I'm just doing basic stuff such as web/e-mail, I would like to disable a core to conserve battery life. Anyone know the utility out there that would allow me to do this? Thanks!
I am dying to upgrade.... I currently have a PM 2 x 2.0 G5, 2 Mac Mini's (1.42 & 1.25), and two G4 PM's. I have been holding off for Leapord before upgrading to the Intel platform. I was a PC guy running UNIX for the most part before I found love with OS X a couple of years ago. I thought back then there was NO WAY Apple was going to put Intel chips in their systems. My friends laughed their assess off at me because like three months after I bought all the Power...
Not sure what happened, I think it was probably when I was messing with SoundFlower, but I have since uninstalled it using it's uninstall routine. What happens is all my audio is redirected through my speakers plugged into the back audio output port, when I plug my headphones in the front audio input port, my preferences, including the MIDI settings changes the output device from "Line Out - Built-in Audio" to "Headphones - Build-in Audio". If I unplug the...