or Connect

Posts by andyapple

Why do I not believe this? Might make an okay Hackintosh, dunno, but wouldn't consider this "out of the box."Crap resolution display too.You can get a new in box 13.3" Retina MBP for less right now.
I am using a Logitech keyboard right now with my iPad. It's the Easy-Switch K811, kind of a Macbook KB clone %u2014 has auto backlighting and is the same size as Apple's wireless KB. Use it in conjunction with my Otterbox Defendercase, it's cover doubles as a stand to hold the iPad in either Landscape or Portrait. Yeah, it is awkward having to reach the screen to select stuff, but not as awkward as trying to edit text with my fingertips. Still find it weird that any Apple...
http://www.gearbest.com/smart-watches/pp_127166.html
Thanks Marvin, I was looking at the refurbed and earlier models too but the 8GB RAM and 10+hr battery life of the current MBP were more important to me. Not to mention that buying from either B&H or Apple, as a NYS resident I'd have been paying an extra hundred in tax. Still yeah, that 256GB SSD does add a couple hundred in value, at today's storage prices. So Skylake could support wireless charging, huh. Might be the way Apple gets around the mag-safe port being too...
Funny but as my old Mac recently died I've been trolling eBay for an entry level 13" Retina Macbook Pro. Overnight a couple units of the current model, new sealed in box, appeared for less than at the Apple Store (and they're usually actually more at the tat bazaar). Then this morning B&H lists them at even less, $1149. What's most interesting is that they are not even advertising this as a markdown. Which leads me to believe they are quietly clearing out inventory in...
Yeah, glad I haven't tossed my old iPad either! Anybody know what are the minimum system requirements on the Mac side? And how does it work with an iPad as a sole display? Kinda bummed that the developer has already raised the price 50% and it's still in beta. I remember paying almost $30 for iTeleport when it first came out; then it went down to $10 IIRC and is now about $25. Gets like one star reviews for the current version. Funny but until my PPC eMac blew this...
Oh I wouldn't expect the iPad to work as a touch display for OS X, that is what the keyboard and trackpad would be for. Nor would the iPad part necessarily utilize the keyboard, it would be detachable just as it is now from the smart cover. Simply put, the two halves in conjunction would operate exactly like a MB, and the display alone would just be an iPad.Being able to employ just one single display for two different uses would save the consumer. I mean, what is the...
Why do you say that? I mean, nobody is talking about one processor running both. iOS would stay on ARM in the display, which is simply an iPad. OS X would be on the new Intel chip inside the keyboard/trackpad unit, just like in any Macbook. Yes both keyboard and display would probably have to have their own battery, but the total weight of the two would not likely exceed that of the current MBP, given the greater efficiencies that will be realized in this iteration....
Yep that's just what I'm hoping. Take my money, please!
Yeah imagine 12" or 13" iPad with a magnetic keyboard cover having the guts of the new Macbook Air inside. So you could run iOS on the touch screen and OS X just by sticking on the KB. Batteries could be inside each unit to help balance both the weight when in laptop mode and the power requirements of the two individual OSs. Beauty part, display could attach in either landscape or portrait mode. I'd be thrilled.