or Connect

Posts by andyapple

This is what I get selecting "Updates" in iOS 6.1 on my 3rd generation iPad LTE Also, under any of the other selections such as Purchased there are no reviews or product details shown, just a scroll of Version Histories. Incidentally, I updated over WiFi from the last version of iOS 5, having skipped the earlier versions of iOS 6. What gives? Edit: Problem solved. Swiping backwards brought up the correct Update window. Whew!
The only feature I find missing from Safari on iOS is fullscreen mode on the iPad (whereas it is automatically enabled on the iPhone.) Don't understand why Apple insists we stare at that distracting URL bar all the time. Love the full screen mode and other nifty features in Atomic Web Browser; unfortunately that app just gets more and more buggy with each release. Anyway, it appears that Opera's new Ice browser will not be using compression like their mini web...
Frustratingly, neither Apple nor Google Maps for iOS offer biking directions; only Google's web app has this feature. Furthermore, dragging to change route on the web app is no longer supported on iOS, a real PITA as biking directions so often need to be modified. D'oh!
The reason the percentage of an iDevice's total cost that goes to labor is so small is that the assembly workers are paid so little. It takes about eight hours to assemble an iPad; in the USA that could easily cost $120 to $200 per device, as opposed to $10 in China.
So about the same dpi as the iPad 2 then?
The Brooklyn Bridge is still quite messed up in the above picture. The suspension cables are all missing and the pedestrian level has been crushed onto the motorway. Glad I came home over the Manhattan!
This Apple design does not look like a great choice for "active" users. There is still a relatively long wire hanging down from the earbuds which can snag when one is physically active, e.g. riding a bicycle. A better design for sports is a strictly BT device with the wire connecting the buds positioned around the back of the head, where it is unlikely to catch on anything. Of course these BT earphones cannot be charged on the go but with a 5 - 7 hr battery life that is...
I'm in the same boat as you Marcel — or should I say, on the same bike. Been holding off on upgrading my new iPad to iOS 6, didn't want to lose Street View. Also like to be able to plan bike trips with Google (but the web app has always supported that.) Unfortunately you still can't drag to change routes on the web app like you can on the desktop, the only work around is to plot your route with multiple destinations. Nice though that it works in iCab Mobile so you can...
Not taking sides here, just couldn't resist.
Unfortunately as of this date the BBC iPlayer is still not available from the App Store in the United States in any form whatsoever.