or Connect

Posts by andyapple

Neither of those two current MBAs have Retina displays. And the new model would use an even more incredibly energy efficient processor, for longer run time and/or slimmer lighter form factor. So it would be more of a premium device as compared to these two "entry level" Airs.
Wonder how Apple would price this. The original Air was quite expensive compared to the rest of their notebooks, even though it was relatively underpowered. Now we already have the fairly svelte 13" Retina Macbook Pro, and rumor also has it that a 12" iPad is in the works — if so it's a given that it too will sport a Retina display. Hard to imagine either of these speculative devices starting in the same ball park as the 13" MBP but I guess anything is possible at the...
Anybody know, is Flesky optimized for iPad as well or do you have to run it at 2x? And is the number row included or only available as an extension (in app purchase.) Love Swiftkey but it is kinda slow to invoke numbers. Thanks in advance.
"Google Maps is a good solution for many, their maps work very well, but it has looked the same and done the same for a long time." Um, no, and that's the problem with Google Maps: the interface keeps changing with such frequent updates, it's a real pain having to keep figuring out how it works.
That option only appears if the image in question acts as a link to a separate page, such as to view full size. If it's just a static image you don't get that.
Wow, it's been so long now, I can't remember there ever having been an option Copy Image Address in iOS. Always have to go to my Mac for that, a real PITA. Wish Apple would address this issue... sorry.
Well I'm on an iPad 3 and opted for an Otterbox Defender case rather than extended Apple Care. Plus my old Mac is no longer compatible with iOS so I can't back up and restore (not that I'd really want to bother with all that, especially as last time the process ultimately failed and I lost a lot of stuff.)Anyway, last night as I was watching a trailer for What We do in the Shadows on YouTube, Siri suddenly interrupted the action to say, "Sorry, I didn't quite get that."
Yeah, too bad there is no Portrait Mode orientation with the Brydge (because Instagram.) Logitech makes a pretty decent Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for the iPad Air. Not all the bells and whistles as the Brydge but does support Portrait and just over $50 after shipping.
I selected Male, the voice sounded more natural to me. For some reason the Female is still very synthetic in American English.
I thought Siri was much improved in iOS 8 but after the last update it's really FUBAR. No longer respends to "Hey Siri," and when I manually woke him up to ask "What are your new features?" the reply was "Here's what I can do now:" And that was it.