or Connect

Posts by andyapple

Then the cord is included with the adapter that comes with the iPad?
If the 10W USB Power Adapter is included with the iPad, why is it also sold separately? Just for the 6' power cord? Why don't they just sell the cord by itself? What am I missing here?
Well upstate NY is pretty big. 'Round where I travel in the Mid-Hudson Valley (mainly the environs of Columbia, Greene, Ulster and Duchess), Verizon has poor coverage, Sprint is even worse, T-Mobile is non-existent, but AT&T rules. That is probably because they bought up the previous local provider, Cellular One; also Cingular had already established a strong presence before they became AT&T.
If one is going to compare the iPad 3G to the MacBook, one might want to first compare the MacBook (or even the 13" MacBook Pro) to the MacBook Air: The latter is less powerful than the former, lacks a DVD drive, and yet is much more expensive, because of its smaller form factor and lesser weight. Now, the top of the line iPad, with all the accessories one might throw at it, does comes near the price of the MacBook. But even aside from all its previously mentioned...
There's one little problem with a carrier such as AT&T metering all bandwidth: The iPhone and now the iPad were created to be consumption devices tied to the iTunes store, where users pay for content. As such it only makes sense that their access should be unlimited. I mean, say Apple's best customers are purchasing over 5GB/month of movies/TV shows/publications, what happens when the carrier says sorry but you're cut off, or you'll have to pay more, etc.? That would...
According to their website, they had a booth there, demonstrating their Surge solar charging cases for the iPhone and iPod touch. I'd like to see something like that for the iPad.
I bet a lot of folk don't realize that they can manually turn down the brightness of the LCD display, independently of the ambient light sensor. Once she discovered that, my niece became absolutely addicted to reading on her new iPhone. (Project Guttenburg on Stanza was another big draw for her.) I keep the monitor of my Mac on the lowest setting, I can work on it all day without eye strain, as long as I remember to keep text enlarged. Yet it is painful for me to...
I'm still betting that the iPad will be a smash hit though. Plan on buying one myself, and I haven't bought a new Apple product in like twelve years.
Well, either they are consulting their magic eight ball or a Ouija board.
From an op-ed in today's NYTimes by former MSFT VP Dick Brass, "Microsoft's Creative Destruction": "...despite the certainty that an Apple tablet was coming this year, the tablet group at Microsoft was eliminated." The whole piece is a rather scathing indictment of MicroSoft's failure to innovate during the past decade, due to cut throat internal competition.