or Connect

Posts by andyapple

Steve, wonder if Verizon meant that you are only safe in the plan you currently have.  Richard didn't say you would still be grandfathered under 4G/LTE. Huh.
Nope, no security update for Leopard on PPC as of this moment.   As G4 Macs do not support the latest version of Flash this does not surprise me.
Good idea, but until the system supports ticketing from users' own devices including iPads, aboard all train lines, I'm afraid it will not be very helpful. You can wait on line a looong time to collect your reserved paper ticket here in NYC's Penn Station, if you haven't had a chance to print out your barcode to scan in one of the automated machines, or when the machines are all down.  Paper ticketing in an otherwise electronic system seems ridiculous, and should simply...
The interface looks fluid and fairly attractive and the resolution is good too. Pretty sure that the predictive keyboard demo took longer to play “Need to make sure that I leave early" than for me to type it in my new iPad though.
    I'm still using my eMac.  Got a hernia carrying it up to my apartment so there's no way it's ever getting out of here again in one piece.   Makes sense that kids should have iPads to muck around with at the store, what with iBooks and all, the educational potential is so huge.  Hope to see the day when every student is issued an iPad on the first day of school.  But for reading especially, the screens on the iPad 2 really suffer comparison to the new iPad, I'd like to...
    Marvin, have you seen the CruxLoaded?  It's sort of like the Transformer dock, and has a built in trackpad as well as keyboard.  Think the software even throws a cursor onto the display. More expensive than the Transformer thingy, but I'd go for one if it had a numeric keypad.  (Too bad there's not the room.)  Still in development but I believe they are taking orders.
Thanks Venerable.  Is there also a way to determine Photos' usage just from the iPad itself, without connecting to iTunes?  Because my aging desktop Mac is headed for retirement, and I'm hoping to get along in the future with just the new iPad, if I can swing it.
About only gives you the number of photos stored, not the size of your data.
So on the iPad in iOS 5, under Settings/General/Usage you can see the amount of data consumed by every content-storing app except Photos.  How can one tell how many GB its library has consumed?  
I'm looking forward to a an iPhone that, when dropped, bounces back into my hand. D'oh! softeky just beat me to it.