or Connect

Posts by andyapple

So the other day I need to contact Home Depot Customer Service. Create a new contact for them on my eMac's Address Book from the 800 number on their site. Open Skype in my iPad and first thing I see, my neighbor whose last name begins with A has had her mobile number switched to Home Depot's 800. Check Contacts on iPad and Address Book on eMac and yup, it's under her name there as as well. Manually re-enter her mobile on both devices and re-sync, her info is okay...
Yeah, I've been playing around with Chomp now, both the website and the free app, and I must concur with Marvin. The site itself offers little advantage over the App Store, maybe the rating system is better, meh, every thing else is worse. Their [iPhone] app claims to be able to find iPad apps but there is absolutely no such function that I could find. In fact, Chomp offers no way even to discern between iPhone and iPad apps, you end up having to navigate to the App...
Chomp incorporates the same limitation as Apple's App Store— it only provides a small number of results per page. No reason for that if one is on a high speed connection, just wastes time having to navigate back and forth through multiple pages. What ever happened to scrolling? My pet peeve regarding this subject on the iPad remains: search criteria reverts to "all" when returning from each page of results, what a PITA. Can't help thinking that for Apple, terminating...
I agree with everything else you mentioned in your post, but was wondering: If Tim Cook managed to finagle lower prices on other of the components (e.g. the various radio chips) through economies of scale, perhaps that could have off set the increased cost of the new display, especially if the difference is only $20? I'd imagine having done away with the two separate models for AT&T and Verizon would have saved a small bundle... guess we'll find out soon enough, counting...
Well time was when photographers had to lug around huge wooden boxes on tripods, so in comparison the heft of an iPad is not such a big deal (at least to me.) Plus, not everyone who is going to own an iPad will also be endowed with an iPhone, or even necessarily with a decent camera phone. I myself prefer to lug around an iPad 3G and a dumb little pay-go phone— don't need to pay for two data plans (and am still grandfathered for unlimited with AT&T, though expect that...
Huh? I can't understand why anyone would prefer the thicker & heavier iPad with the bulging backside over the lighter, svelte iPad 2. Can't wait to get my clammy little hands on the iPad 3 so I can fob off my iPad 3G.
The New York Times, while still arguably the "paper of record," does have both a history of staging single minded vendettas (e.g., their character assassination of former NY governor David Paterson, which ultimately forced him to resign) and a habit of mangling quotations (too many examples here from which to choose!) As many posters above have observed, what the Times' piece lacked in investigative research was more than made up for in the use of scurrilous accusations...
OS or just 
Exactly the problem that bugs me the most. Really makes searching for apps a PITA! Also wish Apple would make the App Store searchable on any Mac or PC, with an expanded interface so one could swiftly browse through the relevant offerings, select winners, and upload them right to an iThingy. Think there would be a much more level playing field if apps were just easier and faster to find than is the case now under iOS.
So can the loose Apple employee be remote wiped?