or Connect

Posts by andyapple

Prof. Peabody, you just took the words out of my mouth! What I wonder is how the iPad 2's display compares to the original. Have seen a number of videos comparing the graphics power of the two, but no mention was made of the optical quality. However it appeared to me that the new model was noticeably sharper, the older iPads looking a bit more yellowish and dimmer. Could that be attributed just to their being about a year older? Or has the manufacturing process been...
Another thing to remember is that last year's iPad debut was of only the Wi-Fi model; this year the 3G is being offered as well and on both major carriers here in the States. So I would be surprised if Apple does not sell at least a million over this weekend.
If you jailbreak your iPhone, eightzero, then you can tether unlimited data with MyWi from Cydia.
Well if the iPad 2 has a Thunderbolt port, I imagine that we will be seeing quite a few peripherals being designed for it. Zoom is doomed. Happy Birthday Steve.
A preposition is bad to end a sentence with.
Aside from the example you site not being a repair, and also quite an easy task that just about any user could perform on their own, it just illustrates the kind of problem that Apple is trying to avoid here-- that being incompetent consultants going above an estimate because they did not come prepared and charging for the extra time that they themselves are wasting for the client. By establishing ceilings and requiring the requisite paperwork for going above an estimate,...
I wonder if the Backbeat 906, which comes with a network adapter that plugs into the headphone jack, might work. They say it supports the HFP that the iPod touch and iPad lack, though they don't mention anything about PBAP.
Glad to hear this. I would more willingly pay for a BBC subscription through iPlayer than for anything like Hulu or what have you. Wonder when it might actually launch and how much it might be. Go Beeb!
It seems that the iPad's built-in mic and speaker work okay for Skype (from the self-included test, I didn't try placing an actual call), but that it does not currently support any Bluetooth headsets for VoIP. Wired sets should all work.
Are there any VoIP apps for the iPad that support Bluetooth? Tried both Gizmo5 and Skype and neither work with my Backbeat headset (even though the Gizmo app has a setting to enable Bluetooth.) Incidentally, Truphone actually states that it does not support Bluetooth on the iPad; also my Backbeats do not work on my Mac with fStream, though they do with iTunes. So I can see that getting them to work for VoIP on the iPad is going to be somewhat problematic. Any pointers...