or Connect

Posts by ijoyner

It's TLS actually.
Samsung is worried that the kind of customer that buys a product because 'this one is bigger than that one' is no longer going to buy Samsung over Apple. Apple's products are higher quality (a factor of not being rushed to market like Samsungs), so the only thing Samsung can do is drop their price which will eat into their profits. No wonder they don't like it.
OS X on iPhone? The solution is simple - if you need to run OS X, buy a Mac. There is no good usage case for OS X on smaller platforms. iOS is tailored for that. Microsoft are making a big mistake with Windows everywhere, and not producing specific software to support that hardware platform.
By insulting Apple customers (and supporters - many of us through the lean times of the 90s), Samsung are also insulting and alienating some of their own user base. I bought a couple of things from Samsung a few years ago (I'll leave comments about quality), however, the recent behaviour of Samsung as a bunch of pirates have made me resolve to never buy anything from them ever again.   They have thus lost many potential customers.
Samsung still mucks up when it is a single monitor plugged into Mac Mini.
Nope - see my answer I just posted - Samsung does the same on both Mac Mini and MacBook Pro. I've always had problems with Samsung - I just get the feeling they do things on the cheap and their main aim is to capture market share rather than provide quality.
OK, it seems this is not the MacBook Pro graphics since I just connected Samsung display direct to Mac Mini server and it still has the same problem. Thus as I have always suspected, it's Samsung at fault. I'm never going to buy Samsung anything again.
Yes, it could be a fault in the Samsung which is also about three years old. I have not found Samsung to be particularly reliable - new TV failed in a month.
I'm glad to see this report. I am also having graphics problems with my early 2011 MacBook Pro. It is not showing up on the inbuilt screen, but on an external Samsung screen connected via the thunderbolt port. It mostly works OK, but there seems to be a particular shade of blue that sends the external screen crazy (File selection background in Finder). I thought it might either be another faulty connector (I already replaced that about 18 months ago). Or maybe it could be...
Seems Samsung uses marketing-driven design, rather than user-driven design.