or Connect

Posts by ijoyner

Just thought... the ad reminds me of those cringeworthy "Duck and Cover" ads you had in the US in the 1950s.
Well, it's deeper than just no taste. With SongSmith MS ignores the fact that to create anything good requires talent. Apple provides tools for people with talent or to nurture that talent. Microsoft claims any talentless hack will produce good music. The talentless hacks of the world will again tout how great MS is compared to Apple. I just read an Upanishad this morning on the blind leading the blind (OK, it's also in Matthew 15:14). The problem is worse when the blind...
I was hoping to see Mini and iMac as well. I could do with either of those. However, I suspect that there is probably not enough supply of technologies to satisfy demand. For example, if Intel's new Nehalem chip is in these machines, maybe production hasn't ramped up enough to fill the supply chain. Can't really blame Apple for that. I bet they want to release their new products as well, but it has to be done responsibly. Let's hope whatever problems there are are solved...
It's pure FUD. They know people (particularly Americans) hate tax. In this case how stupid do they think people are? Microsoft is much more likely to be labelled a taxation agent through its licencing agreements.
Leather shoes worn in the shower? Computers soft and sticky like cakes you can eat? While Apple thinks different, Microsoft just thinks stupid!
it has none.
Before suggesting that menus should be anywhere other than the top of the screen, please review Fitts' Law: http://www.asktog.com/basics/firstPr....html#fittsLaw Basically the edges of the screen are easy to hit and fast to get to. Menus placed in other places are not. Apple's menu placement encourages use of the whole screen. If you are not using the whole screen, there's little point in getting even larger screens.
Burglarize is a pointless word. The root word is to burgle, which is a verb. A burglar is one who burgles - a noun. There is no point in making another verb by adding ize on the end of burglar! It's like Pendle Hill near Blackpool. Pend means hill, but the meaning was forgotten, so they called it Pend Hill. This became shortened to Pendle, but then someone decided it's a hill so added another Hill - so in fact the place name is Hill Hill Hill!
Great how Apple has to licence these pirated fonts from Microsoft – what a nerve. Arial is a rip off of Helvetica, Verdana - Frutiger, and Times New Roman of Times. As usual for Microsoft, the copies aren't even as nice as the originals (but it takes an expert to spot the differences). Microsoft is hypocritical on two levels. First they bleat on about their right to innovate, while crushing the innovations of the true font companies. Secondly, they bleat on about piracy,...
Well, note it is a 'Mac'adamia farm.