or Connect

Posts by Macintosh_Next

Companies can support more then one OS. You know, Sammy has Android, Windows Phone, it's own OS and soon to be Tizen. HTC has Windows Phone and Android. LG has Windows Phone and Android. You don't have to be all in, since people buying Windows Tablets are going to be different then people buying WebOS tablets. What this tells me isn't that HP is waffling. It isn't WebOS had no offers on the table. It tells me HP spent months deciding if Android was the right "second OS"...
They can gain traction in the smartphone sector, but they need to create a league of followers first. One thing about WebOS is it's kind of a gateway drug. Gives you a taste of something great. If they could create first fully feature phones, thats pretty much a smartphone that doesn't require an expensive data plan (maybe work with a carrier, like Sprint, and get prices down). Then target people with dumb phone and feature phones. Then also create more powerful smart...
Actually, they are specificly talking iphone 4S. And remember the new iphone has that new atenia design. So it g possible with previous iphones this wouldn't have been the case. AT&T then couldve had a reason to do this. But of course AT&T network was never made for this many customers. Anyway, Sprint has never been known for its speeds but has breen known for a network that works when it should.
Unfortunately that's not a problem exclusive to Sprint. I know people who said similar things about ATT and I am Sure Verizon has done that, too. Salsmen over the phone only know what their computer tells them, and coverage maps can be deceiving.
Sprint not being reliable? Every carrier had dead spots and horrible service somewhere in the US. Go out to Walland, TN with your awesome iPhone and get no signal with Verizon or ATT. My Sprint HTC Arrive I not only can make calls but get on the web -- NO ROAMING. And Walland, TN is in the middle of no where. Google "BlackBerry Farm" and you can see some good pictures. However, I know somewhere in the US Sprint has no signal and Verizon or ATT do. That is normal. I can...
So Sprint lost 101k subscribers (postpaid aka Sprint) and gained 275k subscribers (postpaid). So that means that they are gaining 174k subscribers (postpaid). Where I come from, that means Sprint is still gaining subscribers. Case in point, this time last year, Sprint added a total of 110k subscribers. Furthermore ...Meaning Sprint is making more money then they did last year and Q1 2011. Which again, is a good thing. How Apple Insider turned this into a bad thing is...
The thing is, if not many companies are using it -- not just PC's but companies that make HD Recorders and external hard drives don't support it, then why should a company like HP support it?
Before we get excited, did they hire someone at Verizon Corp. Location before the Verizon phone was released?
I don't think I made myself clear. Let me try one more time. As a consumer, why should you care about LTE when its not in your area? Sure it might be in two years, but chances are if your In a small town you won't get till your next upgrade. I agree that phone companies like Apple and Samsung should make LTE and WiMAX phones. But in Apples case, if you see possible shortages of a product that will mean you can't supply demand -- then why put it in this product? And to...
LTE is the future of cell phone technology -- all cell phone companies are going that way, and even Sprint who is backing WiMAX is considering adding LTE as its 4G along with WiMAX (and battery life is surely going to get fixed). However with that said, its early and not everyone has it built yet so why support it?