or Connect

Posts by Rot'nApple

Time to hire some more kids... sorry, couldn't help myself...
Flash / HTML5 debate may rage on... yet some are still waiting for subscription content that would be considered purchasable and right now, those coming to the party are your typical who's who from one left coast to the other and hold no significance to the majority in "fly over" country.
Had most news organizations took that route and that philosophy long ago, they may not be as hard up financially as some of them are! It's not what the news is printed on... paper or iPad... It's what news is printed and how it's printed. Of course they will never learn... I wonder after all the layoffs the NYT's did, and they have a subscription iPad app or whatever they call it and it cannibalizes the paper version and subscribers are just going from paper to digital...
How much testing must be done before this thing hits the open market... It seems I've been hearing about this for the past... let me Google it... since Jan. 25th 2009 for release in 2009 and here it is 2010?... What's up with that AT&T?
Apple's Tim Cook (from AppleInsider Post a few days back): Keeping it simple One focus for Apple, Cook revealed, is to keep matters simple. The Cupertino, Calif., company hasn't been interested in doing large acquisitions because of value and compatibility issues. "We've always been about making the best product, not having the highest market share or the highest revenue," he said. "And so acquiring a company so our revenue gets larger isn't something that drives...
Cloud Financing... One day you have a solid investment/retirement portfolio then POOF, the next day you don't...
In related news "Tiger Woods PGA Tour by EA Sports" game app is still on the iTunes! So let me see if I get this new Apple-speak... a wholesome, attractive lady dresses in a bikini for a sensuous photo shoot for a clothing retail outlet app gets pulled BUT a lying, cheating, sex-addict, who I am sure got paid for the use of his name... "prostitution" anyone?... and probably gets a royalty for each one sold of a game app of a pervert and his putter is still on...
Screw cable! Unless cable had financial ties in creating and producing said tv shows what do the various tv production companies have to worry from cable... Of course these are the same tv productions that over the years have relied too heavily on reality tv which has turned me off to tv. So I hope tv comes around with some of their classic shows and some new stuff for .99. I'd buy enough to tide me over when I watch the boob tube with my own channel/show...
And you do realize that statement is 100% BUNK! Why do I say that... I pay my local cable company a monthly subscription to hop on and view the channels... I then have to pay another subscription to the likes of HBO or STARZ for so called "Premium" content commercial free!So regarding your statement, that the subscription will kill the ads is not necessarily true! The subscription can be to cover operations' cost and the ads 'profitable income'! Unless you have proof of...
Well, Duh! If it were a common platform, it would be a PC! We're talking unique, we're talking Apple. Don't like it, don't take the job. It's that simple.