or Connect

Posts by studiomusic

Aww crap. I sure hope they will just wait a few months before introducing the 'new' 17"er like they did in the past. One thought, is the Retina display one available in a matte finish? Hmmmmmmm...... I need the matte finish! And the Express Card slot is a great feature. I guess it's a good thing Apple replaced my 2010 17" model with the latest/greatest because of a graphics problem last month. Should last me a few years. Now, what's with the Mac Pro?!?! PLEASE...
I had $6,000 ready to go towards a great Mac Pro today. Looks like I'll be buying a refurb 12 core when those hit the Store for cheap.
If the 17" makes a profit, no need to kill it. And at the prices they sell for, it makes a nice profit. (typing this on a 17"er!)
Easy, his stock vested, and AAPL is bumping around the all-time high. He's getting TONS more stock in the future. Why not take some profits and make the bank account grow? He has to have filed a while ago to be legal, so it's not like he is saying Apple is going down from here. It's business. And lots of cash.  
Remember, they are missing a week this time. Had an extra one last quarter... That's about $3,3 billion less than if they had the week in. Still think they will beat expectations, but we might see another selloff after the inevitable rally if/when they do beat.
And Apple is Coke then? Or just another restaurant?
So the restaurant (Apple) is as guilty as the soda makers (publishers)?
I still don't see how Apple letting publishers set their own price makes Apple guilty of Anti-Trust laws. Now, the publishers could have fixed prices together... Apple doesn't set the price.
Ok, the way I understand it, Amazon was basically setting prices on their own and destroying the market for the ip owners by selling at a loss. So, Apple comes in and says "Hey, we'll let you set your own prices for your own ip." And Apple is the bad one here?
What Tallest said. These were never available outside of the App Store.