or Connect

Posts by Luca

I just had a crazy idea that will absolutely not happen. But it's fun to think about anyway. What if Amazon made an e-ink phone? Basically a pocketable Kindle. Give it a 4 or 4.5" screen, and have Amazon subsidize the data connection like they do with the 3G Kindle. So you do have mobile web, but it's limited by the capabilities of the phone itself, and all you have to pay for is the voice and text plan. Free with contract, $200 without. So obviously with e-ink you'll be...
Wow, I can't believe how shortsighted some of you Apple fanboys are. Maybe post some reasonable critiques or responses instead of just calling Bill Gates a "moron." It makes you look stupid and childish. Maybe you're right, Apple should keep the iPad exactly the same and never change anything. After all, it worked out great with the iPhone. The original iPhone, which had no third party apps and relied on "web apps" accessed through the browser to do anything that couldn't...
Yo. Android user here. I will try not to be a fanboy though. I like Android but I'm not married to it. With that out of the way, I'd like to share my experience with Jellybean (all six hours of it). It's already been shared by some people who went to GoogleIO and made into a flashable update for the Galaxy Nexus. Since I have a Galaxy Nexus I was able to download and install it this morning. First off, I'll say that I was one of those Android users who didn't know what...
I wouldn't say "I still monitor the message boards." For whatever reason yesterday I decided to come back here and just read a bit, I don't know why. I'll probably leave again now. Shouldn't have posted, oh well.
Dude, just save your time. I used to be a Mac user and a pretty active user here. I was a fairly active member of other Mac message boards as well. After I switched to Windows I was able to stick around some of those places for a while because I was a part of the community but eventually I just stopped because it was too frustrating. Since you have no ties to the community here there's no point in continuing to try to argue. You will not convince anyone and they will not...
Of course it's clumsy looking, it's a mockup someone did in probably 5 minutes. Personally I find the current iPhone's gigantic top and bottom bezels to be pretty clumsy looking on their own.I don't think a significant number of people would actually get rid of their iPhones just because its successor has a too-large screen. Like I said before, average customers will probably prefer it and anyone who's a hardcore enough Apple fan will stick to the iPhone in any case (not...
Obviously this was just a quick and dirty mockup someone made in their spare time, but you can see a 4" screen can almost fit into the same size body by just making the bezel smaller. Still tons of room top and bottom, but the phone would almost certainly need to be made a bit wider. Still, I think that's a worthwhile tradeoff.
Sprint customer here. It's not really any cheaper than Verizon and AT&T. You get more minutes for the money but my bill is roughly the same as it would be if I were on one of the other carriers.And their 3G speeds are lame. I'd gladly pay the $10 or so extra per month to get usable data. Soon as my contract is up I'm leaving.
There's one more question:   How many people would at least consider switching from Android to iPhone if Apple made a larger-screen iPhone?   Just as there were a fair number of people who wanted an iPhone but refused to get one until it was available on Verizon, there are probably at least a few people out there who would be interested in an iPhone if only the screen were a bit bigger. Probably a lot actually. It's obvious that larger screens sell so why not capitalize...
I prefer MPC-HC myself but it's just a matter of opinion. QuickTime for Windows does suck though, wow. Anyone who thinks MS software sucks on Macs should see how bad Apple software sucks on Windows.