or Connect

Posts by Luca

No. The iBook has only VGA, while the Dell uses a DVI connector. Even if you run the hack, there's no way to connect it.
You can get a PC-compatible Radeon 9800 Pro and flash it to work in a Mac. These cards are $180-$230 depending on where you look, but you have to make sure you get the right card. Look for a full Radeon 9800 Pro with 128 MB of RAM and 256-bit memory bus. AVOID the Radeon 9800 Pro EZ like the plague! It won't work and it's a sucky card anyway, with a 128-bit memory bus. You might be able to find one from NewEgg, but they're out of stock right now. You can get one from...
Are those both for the 17" model? Because I do believe you can get some good deals on 20" G4 iMacs - I'd get one of those, because it won't be a whole lot slower than the G5, but it still gives you that huge, luxurious screen.
I voted for the second option. Apple products are indeed superior to those made by Microsoft, Dell, HP, Sony, and so on. The funny thing about that is that I own a PC. I built it myself and I really like it, even though I've been a Mac guy for years. Macs are just so extremely expensive compared to PCs that when it was about time to upgrade, I built a $1000 PC that easily outperforms any Mac under $2000. I like the customization options that PCs provide. I can do a...
http://www.appleturns.com/#3
I originally posted the link. I edited my post. But yes, the original post was in PO. It was a guy dressed as Batman, who snuck into Buckingham Palace and climbed up to a ledge, where he unfurled a banner for "Fathers 4 Justice." He stood there for five hours. Apparently, Fathers 4 Justice has a theme of dressing up like superheroes, to show that dads who want to see their kids are heroes. This isn't the first time they've done something like this. Here's a...
Whoops, someone already posted this. Sorry.
He said FULL headers. There should be an option somewhere.
As other posters have said, you need a Mac-specific graphics card. It's possible to flash a PC card to work in a Mac, but the only one I'd recommend to anyone would be the Radeon 8500. The hardest part is finding the right version of the Radeon 8500. It has to be built by ATI, 64 MB (not 128 MB), and a full 8500, not an 8500 LE (most of them are LEs). I got one for $50 on a PC buy/sell forum. Then I installed it into my Mac, ran the flash utility (I had to put it in my...
I have an upgraded PowerMac G4. And I think that's what you should have too. Apple doesn't want to sell a machine at a low enough price point that can be upgraded, so they sell crappy AIOs. Not that the iMacs are bad computers, but I wouldn't want to keep one for more than a little while, knowing I'd never be able to put any upgrades into it. Anyway, my machine is like this: PowerMac G4 Quicksilver 1.33 GHz G4 processor (originally 733 MHz) 1024 MB of RAM...