or Connect

Posts by Luca

Oh yeah. ThinkSecret's new forums are pretty nice. No ads, clean design, plenty of great people... check them out here:http://www.thinksecret.com/board/
That would be so cool! I really want that... right now I have a number of application "groups" that I use. Not often, but when I use one, I usually use almost all of them. There's the Fetch/Graphic Converter/Preview/iPhoto combination I use when putting images on my web server, the Toast/DVD2oneX/MacTheRipper/DVD Player combination I use for backing up DVDs. I would love also having an IM clients pile, a browsers pile, a games pile, and a desk accessory (TextEdit,...
Apple has done a lot of messing with code names to prevent actual information from getting out, and to reduce its credibility assuming it DOES get out. They've reused code names. They've told some people one code name and others a different one so they can narrow down the source of a leak. They have used highly misleading code names to add confusion (i.e., the code name for Newton OS 2.0 was Newton OS 3.0). I would not doubt for a second that the new G5s COULD be code...
Heh. Well, actually one thing I LIKED is that they made it a point to actually paint various parts of the Iliad as myths. Now, I haven't read the Iliad, but I can safely assume by the posts here and by the fact that it's a Hollywood movie that it was NOT true to the writing. However, there are parts of the movie that at least attempt to show how real events could lead to myths. A child near the beginning of the movie says he he's heard that Achilles is invulnerable, which...
I like the Pro keyboard more than the new one, but I'm really a fan of my Logitech Elite wireless keyboard.
My dad has a Ti550 that he uses for FileMaker development. It's his business computer, and he uses it to make a living. I'm sure you'll be fine typing papers on the TiBook. I went through high school with an 80 MHz PowerMac 7100 and a 14" monitor.
My family's house is right in the woods so we get lots of birds. That scene you described sounds familiar. Also, about a mile or two from the house there are some wetlands and wide open fields. I've seen a great variety of birds... the very common red-winged blackbird of course, but also the rarer yellow-headed blackbird. In the woods I've seen downy woodpeckers, northern flickers, hairy woodpeckers, red-bellied woodpeckers, and even a few pileated woodpeckers. They all...
Funny, I was using my 2" thick Wallstreet today at the library desk, and a lady came up and asked if it was a new G5 PowerBook or an iBook that I had. I told her no, it's an older PowerBook G3, and that there weren't any PowerBooks with G5s in them yet. She seemed surprised since this was a design she had apparently never seen before. I love this little thing! Well, BIG thing. Same footprint as a 14" iBook, and 2" thick. Never been asked if it was a G5 though. Funny,...
http://www.tc.umn.edu/~resc0030/OldOSX.jpg 10.0.4, man. Wow... how far we have come in a few years. Using 10.0 is a lot like using OS 9 now. I have to use Internet Explorer, I have to deal with all sorts of interface kludges I'm not used to, I have to put up with strange bugs and inexplicable slowdowns. Anyway, I got this because just today, I upgraded my Gigabit Ethernet G4 to a Quicksilver. An acquaintance of mine was selling his Quicksilver locally for really...
This is part of the reason why, when I wanted a portable for mobile internet access and presentations for school, I bought a 233 MHz Wallstreet for about $250 instead of going for a laptop as my only system. I could have afforded to get a 12" PowerBook (or an older 15") as my only computer if I were to sell my desktop, but I didn't want to give up the power my desktop has, and I really didn't want my computer to be suceptible to theft in that way. That laptop of mine is...