or Connect

Posts by Luca

I don't think it'll really help that much. The main reason you'd want to get a PCI ATA controller would be to address larger hard drives. The Sawtooth's ATA controller can only recognize up to 128 GB. You can't use any space beyond that, and partitioning doesn't help. Since you have a 120 GB drive, I'd say don't bother. If you want to add larger hard drives later, buy a PCI Serial-ATA card instead, because S-ATA has more of a future than ATA/133 (aka P-ATA).
Tied to WR's post, he also served as inspiration for Wesley Willis. I can't count how many people he declared can "really whoop Saddam Hussein's ass."
The first couple months after 9/11 were definitely the best for Bush. As someone who was vaguely discontented with Bush taking office despite losing the popular vote in the 2000 election, I still displayed a lot of patriotism and support for Bush. I even recall saying, numerous times, that I was actually glad Bush was president, because I thought Gore wouldn't have handled the situation as well. My opinions have changed quite a bit since then, and so has the world...
Shit, what happened? Did you just leave your bag unattended somewhere, or did someone yank it from you? I see unattended backpacks and other assorted bags left out WAY too often at my job at the library. The problem is, I usually can't tell whether the person picking up the bag is the rightful owner or not. But it's certainly a problem here.
DVD+R/W should work fine on a Mac. It's just that Apple officially is backing up the DVD-R/W standard. They do support burning DVD+R/W discs in the Mac OS, but since DVD+R and DVD-R are competing standards, Apple sides with one - DVD-R. DVD-R discs should be more compatible with other Macs since there have been Macs shipping with DVD-R drives since early 2001. Other than that, there's not much difference bettween -R and +R drives, so if you are fine with burning +R discs,...
The only 12x DVD burner currently available is a Plextor model, and it only burns DVD+Rs at 12x. DVD-Rs (the format that Apple supports) only burn at 8x. If you want the best-supported DVD burner available, the Pioneer DVR-107D is the way to go. 8x DVD-R, 8x DVD+R, fully supported in 10.3.3. That is the drive that ships with eMacs (and from what I've heard, PowerMacs now too, even though they don't advertise 8x DVD burning). If you want a faster one or a newer...
You can always just download Mozilla and make it look like IE. There are skins that make it look identical. Then just replace the icon, move all the bookmarks over, and you should be good. I bet she won't even notice.
The difference, 7E7, is that the prison abuse was carried out by members of the US military. Whether the administration had anything to do with it or not, we don't know yet, but they are still ultimately responsible for the actions of their military. It's similar to a recent law that can put a CEO of a food company in jail if that company distributes food that causes people to die. Even if the CEO didn't know about the infractions, he is still ultimately responsible for...
All sammi jo is saying is that we really don't have any proof that it's Al Qaeda (or anyone else for that matter), so we shouldn't be making assertions that it is definitely one specific group. Hell, you go on so much about the murderous Iraqis, why don't you blame them instead? I mean, we can be pretty sure it was either Al Qaeda or members of the Iraqi military. So which of the two was it? Pick one. Do you know which one is correct? I sure don't. By the way, sammi...
Actually I've gotten that stuff. It should work for small ones, but it really didn't do anything to the ones on my toes. Basically it's just some very cold material in a bottle that is applied to a little foam applicator that you press down on the wart. Freezes it. It ran out after just a few uses.