or Connect

Posts by Luca

And who exactly at this website/on the internet/in this country are supporters of Al Qaeda? And why do you think that someone is automatically an AQ-supporter if they simply question AQ's motives, perhaps thinking that there is a shred of outside force that causes them to act as they do? You said earlier......and that is flawed reasoning. Yes, I do believe that Al Qaeda is more than just a group of evil monsters who take perverse pleasure in brutally murdering people....
Randycat, I have to agree with you that these people would do this sort of thing regardless of whether we had done anything wrong or not. The target would just be different. In this case, they feel they're being oppressed by evil white American devils (and they are, to some extent that falls far short of their perception). So they go and do something awful like this. If they thought they were being oppressed by some other group, they'd do the same thing to the other...
If we nuke the Middle East, though, we have to show videos of children in the streets slowly dying after half their skin is melted off their body. We have to show the people whose eyes were burned out of their sockets because they didn't turn away from the blast. Afterwards, we can bring the President or some other government or military official in to rationalize why we did the right thing, and to probably throw in the "God Bless America" line. Of course you wouldn't see...
Well then I hope I never get my finger cut off!
Did you have warts covering 50% of your toes? Did they spray liquid nitrogen on them for two minutes? I'm not talking about two or three little warts that they had to dab slightly and then let me go, here. I'm not saying that it's worse than getting your finger cut off (that sounds about as bad as it could get), but I don't know if you understand what I'm talking about. Also, the first two times I went in and got the treatment, it was bad but not that bad. I recovered...
Oh man, you want to talk to someone about warts, I'm your man. I have two very LARGE clusters of warts on the inside of the first and second toes of my left foot. They rub against each other constantly spreading the virus from one toe to the other. I've undergone three liquid nitrogen treatments and the last one finally did something. It was also the most excruciating pain I've ever experienced in my entire life. I mean, getting one or two warts removed kinda sucks, and it...
It's still under warranty. Visit an Apple Store or call Apple about it.
Try setting your monitor to 640x480 before you launch Halo. Other than that, I'm not sure... I guess just make sure your copy is up to date.
If not, get a refurbished or older model system. Right now it's $2000 for a refurb dual 1.8, and $1300 for a 20" cinema display. The 20" cinema should come way down for the next update - it should be $999 at the highest, I think. And it'll be soon, since the displays haven't been updated in over a year. You can also get a $1999 refurbished dual 1.8 GHz G5, but if you wait until the new PowerMac G5s come out, that price will drop at least $200, depending on the specs and...
It really depends on the specs of what comes out. Assuming you wait until WWDC (and you should since it's almost guaranteed that there will be updates then), see what's available and make your decision.