or Connect

Posts by Luca

Skip the floppy drive and get a USB flash drive if you need portable removable storage. They're way better... ten times faster, a hundred times the capacity, and much more reliable as well. Plus, they have better cross-platform compatibility than floppies - no formatting issues.
I have a 12" PowerBook. It is a 233 MHz Wallstreet G3. Good machine, great for OS 9.
Since you have a warranty you may as well try going into the Apple store and asking if you can get a replacement. Chances are you won't get one since it's only one pixel, but in many cases the location of the pixel is important in determining whether to offer a replacement or not. If it's near the edge, there's no way you'll get a replacement for just one pixel, but if it's near the center like you said there may be a chance. Worth a shot at least. I guess you can hope...
They are synonymous. And besides, the speed of the ATA bus doesn't necessarily determine if it can address more than 128 GB or not. The Quicksilver 2002 PowerMacs have an ATA/66 bus, but it has 48-bit addressing so it can read the full capacity of a large hard drive. I haven't heard of any ATA/100 or ATA/133 cards that don't support large drives, so you may as well be on the safe side and use one of those, but there are ATA/66 cards that support large hard drives.
Yes, the "1000 songs" claim on the original iPod is based on having 160 kbps bitrate and an average song length of 4 minutes. 1000 of them nearly fill the iPod's 5 billion byte capacity (technically, you can fit 1017 songs, 4 minutes each at 160 kbps, on the 5 GB iPod). Meanwhile, the newer iPods have all had their song claims increased because now it's assumed you're using a 128 kbps bitrate, same average length of 4 minutes. Actually, you can fit the same 1017...
Any collision in space would cause some chaos. What are you getting at?
No, partitioning doesn't help. The drive controller can only see 128 GB (about 137 billion bytes). A Firewire case for the drive will run you about $30-$40. Or you could get an ATA/100 or ATA/133 PCI card for about $50 to allow you to install the drive internally. However, make sure if you get an ATA card that it is Mac compatible - most aren't, unfortunately.
About the only time I ever have pop is when I can find a good Henry Weinhard's Root Beer. That's not very often (right now I know of two places that sell it, a gas station and a middle eastern deli). Yum Actually, that middle eastern deli also has Henry Weinhard's creme soda. I'll have to try that sometime.
I found some more information in an old thread here: http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=23894 You can see I was also participating quite a bit . Basically, these are the advantages: 1. Aluminum conducts heat instead of insulating it like the titanium, so the heat is all spread out over the surface instead of building up inside the computer and causing hot spots to form. 2. The aluminum is anodized rather than painted, making it scratch-resistant. 3....