or Connect

Posts by Luca

No, you can connect whichever display you want to either connector. You can choose which monitor you want to be the primary one in the display settings, assuming you have more than one. Both PowerMacs come with an ADC port and a DVI port. They MAY come with a DVI-VGA adapter as well, but I'm not sure. Anyway, you should have no problems connecting your display to the DVI port (quality is better than using VGA). If you want to add another display, ADC can be cheaply...
L2 cache is very important, and yes the G5 has twice as much. No, it's not just there for bragging rights - it actually DOES improve performance. It helps make up for the slow bus speed. L3 cache is expensive, they wouldn't just throw it on the processor for shits and giggles. Intel, on the other hand, DOES just throw it on the processor (and charge hundreds upon hundreds of dollars for it). And the reason Apple has removed it from their laptops is because the new laptops...
Perhaps a single 1.8 GHz G5 would be a good deal. They are pretty inexpensive refurbished ($1599, with the Superdrive from Apple). And they have the features of the higher-end G5s - 8 RAM slots, 512 MB standard RAM, 160 GB standard hard drive, and PCI-X slots. Don't bother with the 1.6 GHz. And don't pay too much attention to all the people creaming themselves over the G5. As awesome as the G5 is, it's not nearly as good as some people make it out to be. It's just...
Take the RAM back to Fry's. Get new RAM. Cheap RAM is more likely to work poorly like this, but it's perfectly capable of working fine. Take it back, get a replacement, and you'll most likely be up and running again with no crashes. If it keeps crashing, see if you can get a refund instead of a replacement and then buy from Crucial.
Actually, the G4 should be faster than the G5 in this case. What sets it apart is the dual processors. Even with a bus of only 167 MHz (vs. 800 MHz) and a clock speed of only 1.25 GHz (vs. 1.6 GHz), the G4 should still be faster than the G5. Having dual processors helps a ton - even slow systems (such as a dual 450) will feel smoother and faster because the extra processor allows the computer to balance the load better. Not only that, but the G4 is much better at handling...
Fixed.
These are about your only options for TV-input: http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Pa...edia&Template= The PCI cards should have very little to no lag. External connections, though, do have some lag, so take that into account. Also, there are G5-compatible versions of the PCI cards, so make sure you get one of those. Congrats on switching! I hope you like the Mac.
It has adaptive junk filtering (like Mail). It probably will send attachments that my mom's clients can open, unlike Mail (blame her clients, they're probably using Win95). I'm going to get her to try it out.
A lot of people know that if you go to www.apple.com/pr, you can find a bunch of very high-resolution TIFF images of current hardware, intended for print use. However, they only have the current hardware. Is there any place that has very high resolution images of Apple hardware from the past? Apple doesn't keep any of it, and the various image search engines are not very effective. Specifically I'm looking for one of a 12" PowerBook G3 Series, like this: And this...