or Connect

Posts by Mac+

Hi Noleli2 and everyone else. I don't want to bog this thread down being pedantic (as it is good to see all this music theory being discussed) - but "Blue Rondo a la Turk" is actually in 9/8 - not 10/8. For anybody interested: the fascinating aspect of this rhythm is the way Brubeck chose to subdivide the bar. Normally, 9/8 is made up of three compound beats: 123 - 456 - 789 For Blue Rondo - he subdivided the pattern this way: 12 - 34 - 56 - 789. Three crotchets and...
BadFlamingo - now there's a name I haven't heard in a LOOONG while. I just typed in www.badflamingo.com and it came up as a .mac homepage message ... unable to be found.
Excellent point - this is what makes AI such a valuable resource and vibrant community. There is a wealth of experience to draw upon and learn from. You can treat the comments on face value OR - if you've been here long enough - you might be able to assess each comment with the relative respect you think it deserves based upon your observations of said member's posts.Great comment - I think this embraces the spirit/purpose of the message board "ideal" (if such a thing...
Great thread - some really useful ideas/input here. CosmoNut: that's a perfect example of how the Mac can truly be the digital hub... if only Apple would advertise the sheer elegance/simplicity/usefulness and "safety" of running a Mac like this at a party setting! [I](with apologies to pscates for stealing his thunder about Apple's advertising practices) [/I ] MacGregor: if it does keep track of the songs we remove and add, then you are right it will slowly evolve...
Thanks Paul - I should upgrade then for this feature I guess. However, if anybody is reading this thread and wants to help clarify my questions about searching the HTML source code to find out how to d/l movies please either add to the thread or PM me. TIA.
Hey Brad - thanks again for all your help! It worked. Now, for the learning part... could you please explain to me a) how you figured out they were sniffing to see my connection speed & b) how you actually found the correct address to go hunting for the download source? I don't do any HTML coding, but I might be able to tell what's going on if pointed in the right direction. Thanks again. I really do appreciate your efficiency and assistance! ... also, do...
Hey Brad - thanks again for helping out. I found this url: http://a772.g.akamai.net/5/772/51/88...edian-sref.mov loaded it into Safari - then did a Save As. It saves a QT file on my computer that is only 4KB large - and it just says QuickTime 5 required - but I already have QT 6.3? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. If you (or anybody else) could look at the source and then confirm for me that I got the right address and all - or tell me what I'm doing wrong, then I'd...
I like this community spirit! (nice going Paul)
c'mon iTunes downunder ... although I'm not holding my breath for that on this conference call.
* bump * [Disclaimer] Don't want to get in trouble for this - but it has been a day and my question was slipping down the list into obscurity... hopefully some fresh eyes might have an answer. [/Disclaimer]