or Connect

Posts by Mac+

Thanks Brad, But I'm not sure I get this completely. When I repair permissions, the computer fixes up files that don't match with my settings of "what" exactly? I understand the UNIX levels of Owner/Group/World and the rwx (read/write/execute) capabilities for each level... I just don't understand how the computer knows what each file's permissions "should be" in the first place! What is it comparing each file to? How does it know what to "repair" each file...
and how come they get "ruined" in the first place? Before I get flamed - I read the sticky note "FAQ: Check here first if you have problems!" and I know how to use Disk Utility, but I was curious to know how and why permissions become corrupted or changed in the first place. I mean, I don't think I am conscioulsy changing them - what gives? Thanks in advance.
kenjay thanks for the link... great site - very enjoyable reading for anyone remotely interested in early Apple history!
Excellent news! - Thanks skybolt! Man, I've gotta get out and buy iLife '04 - I so totally want to reorganise my photo rolls in a similar manner to what you describe! ... seriously, I do
I would actually like to see iPhoto allow you to add photos that you don't import in one session from your camera to a related roll of film. For instance, if you receive some photos from a friend via email from an event you both went to, it is impossible to import those photos that your friend gave you into the same roll as the photos which you imported from your digital camera originally. Furthermore, I don't think it is possible to drag the order of the film rolls...
ROTFLMAO - I think I just ruptured my spleen reading that ... BR's first line: "I'll get the tar." - priceless!
If it is just for photos and you don't need A4 or US letter size prints, why not check out the Canon "dye-sub" printers? They're made specifically for printing photos and some have pict bridge technology (I think).
I agree with you Luca - and I argued strongly with him at first. But all the while I felt as though the store had me over a barrel. They had my TiBook and I didn't. I was furious after that initial call and took a day to decide what to do. Once I said no to the "no responsibility repair offer" I consoled myself, acknowledging that I was in no worse a predicament than when I handed the computer over to them a few days ago ... so I didn't feel all that bad. \ A day after...
Hi skaimauve I feel compelled to add to this thread, not that I can add anything of legal support or advice, but just to share my experiences in what has been a very similar experience. I bought a Ti550 at the end of 2001 (late November/early December - can't recall the exact date) and a week or two later Apple announced the combo drive! In Australia, the upgrade was something exorbitant, like Au$600 - so I declined, and thought "tough break". (To this day I am yet...
Hi AI'ers I have been trying to send a photo (from iPhoto) in an email to a friend for the past week and it just never seems to reach him. He sent me a photo from his end as a test today and it worked! (ie: I received both text and the image in the email) After this, I tried to send the exact same "original" message to another friend as a test but the photo still did not turn up as part of the message. Any ideas? (all that ever got through to them was the...