or Connect

Posts by mkral

The continuous scrolling for reading web pages/ books, etc is a pretty nice. Feature. Overall, it looks like they did a nice job on the phone. Certainly nowhere near enough to move me off my iPhone, but a nice job nonetheless. I hope Apple includes the auto-scrolling feature. It looks like a much better way to read on phones.
I know about that, but the article (fourth or fifth paragraph, depending on if you count the text above the graphic) indicates that MS was going to wait to release Office for iPad until after the Windows version. It states that the higher-ups had a change of heart late last year. That's what I'm referring to.
I'll bet that Microsoft had their change of heart right after Apple updated iWork (or whatever the suite is called now) and made it free with all new macs & iOS devices. There are still problems with iWork, but now, with it free across the board, there is a lot less incentive to buy Office Mac, which is a nice little profit center for Microsoft.    Numbers is the weakest of the three apps (in my opinion). For home use, the suite is pretty much good enough to replace...
I have a Sprint iPhone 4S, so I don't have a dog in this fight, but I thought I read somewhere that Verizon's LTE uses an older standard that has a lower top-end speed & they did this because they launched their LTE network earlier.   Also, this is really good news for Apple. These numbers include 'free' Android phones, but not 'free' iPhones since the free iPhone was the 3GS. Now that the 5 is out, the 4 is the free iPhone. This coming quarter will be the first one...
This is great news. I will be buy Office for iPad the day it comes out. The Apple office apps are good, especially Keynote & Pages, but Numbers is just not good enough for a lot of people. It's a very simplified version of Excel. I think that this is a pretty big deal & will result in a lot of sales for Microsoft. What company that is using iPads wouldn't equip their sales people (or whoever they are giving the iPads to) with mobile versions of office? This will be great...
There are quite a few assumptions built into that suggestion. Tim is known as big donor to his school (Auburn IIRC). If he donates a lot of $, that may well do more good than taking it away from him & dividing it up amongst others. Also, maybe making a lot of $ is what drove Tim to work so hard for so long. If his compensation was capped at a certain amount $1,000,000 per year (or whatever # you pick,) once he reaches that point, where's the incentive to work any harder....
If you didn't sign anything, then you don't have a valid contract & you can't hold AT&T to their end of the 'deal'. At some point, you agreed to a contract, whether by actually signing some piece of paper, or taking over someone else's contract or whatever. I don't necessarily think that throttling is bad, I do think that the way AT&T did it was the worst possible way & resulted in a lot of negative publicity for them. Part of me wonders if that was't intentional. The only...
Unless I am misunderstanding your requirements, I can do that on Quicken 2007 Mac. I haven't tried it on the update they released yesterday, but I dind't see anything about it being removed, so I'm assuming it's still there. I use my bank to process the payments, but type them into quicken & upload them from there. I don't use Quicken's bill pay service.
That sucks! I'm on QB 2009 & it works great, but I agree, that would piss me off. I also have 2010 & 2012, but both of them are much slower than 2009, and don't add any great new features, so I stick with 2009 for day to day use.
Completely agree. It's been 5 years since Quicken 2007 came out & so far no one even comes close to being able to replace it for me. You'd think that one of the other accounting software packages would have passed it by, but every one of them has their own quirks & in the end, none of them works as well as Quicken does (for my uses). I gladly paid the $15 (As one of the other posters mentioned, it's $15 over 5 years, so I can't really complain) so that now I can finally...