or Connect

Posts by bwik

Apple was trying to act on trademark of the word "Store."  They were a thousand years late.  App, also not an Apple trademark.  And there you have it.   Can Apple afford to do stupid things, sure, not worried about their finances just yet.
Called it on day one.  This was a waste of time for all concerned.
If you could let me reset the password for the coffee shop every few days when they change it, without going deep into Network Preferences into interface hell, then yeah.  That'd be great.   Just one of the ways OS X's wifi treatment is generally the world's hardest to use & least reliable.   iOS, meanwhile, is among the best.
Should they be asking poor people how to direct the company's strategy?
I'm thinking they could engineer a superior cable -- safer and better than the Apple product for 1/10 the price.  And still make a profit margin over 100%.   I have some counterfeit iDevice cables.  You can tell they are fake because -- literally, no troll -- their quality is superior to the Apple cables that DID fray btw.  As for 'safety' of the Apple cables?  Shit, that is why I ordered more cables -- it wasn't because the Apple product was intact.  It was...
Of course, some reseller does not have authority to override the tax laws of all the various states.  Where there is a sales tax, mostly you are legally obligated to pay it.  They could say they do not charge sales tax, but that does not make it tax-free.  That's a whole different thing.   Edit: Ah.  Other people also got it.  Carry on then.
Styled his title eh? Reminds me of that scene in Braveheart where the prince and his friend Phillip are walking around the castle with servants holding mirrors, laughing and posing. And you're like, whoa, shouldn't he be focusing on the serious issues confronting his kingdom? But anyway.
Does it work offline, or without using compromised, government-visible cloud storage?   You know... basically is it worth a damn?
IIRC, Apple users download more stuff (and are over-represented online) because they are more active users and possibly have a more pleasant, less fatiguing experience. The result is double the data Android users probably pull down.
Really wish Gates hadn't killed Steve.  It was so mean of him!!