or Connect

Posts by bwik

Am I drunk? What does Mandarin have to do with Hong Kong specifically? You do realize more Hong Kongese speak English than probably speak Mandarin? Asia is a big place. They don't all speak Mandarin...
I see more exciting potential at JC Penney than at Apple, as 2012 beckons, to be really honest about it. JC Penney has huge potential to benefit from improved concept and execution. Apple, nowhere to go but down basically. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Remarkable. What will these devices unthink?
Unions are anathema to everything Apple stands for. If people want an incredibly powerless company (that can't hire/fire based on merit, that can't control its expenses) that would not be Apple -- it would be a far less successful company. Predictably, unionists (and trial lawyers) approach successful businesses with hands outstretched precisely because they have destroyed their earlier hosts, and need to feed on new hosts in order to continue living.
This should be Steve's Tomb in NYC and his embalmed body should stand at attention to greet visitors
I had imagined he died more like David Carradine.
Certainly, paying for Apple's intellectual property hurts competitors, compared to stealing Apple's patented products for free. That is what life is like in a society where intellectual property rights exist. Taiwan being unable to copy & resell Apple's patented designs might indeed give Apple a corner on its own patented design. Again, what is wrong with that.
Presumably they will chainsaw a bunch of square miles of forest for this...
Way to be a decade behind the curve... I remember reading Macworld in the 1987-1993 timeframe. It was a nice magazine back then, in another time.
It was actually genius not to sell it there because then it became a forbidden fruit. These are the NYC sourced iPhones (x more millions than even live in NYC). Every Chinese I know with an iPhone 4 bought it in the USA. It shows they "know someone" who can get the phone. Pure genius. The Chinese bought this hook, line and sinker. It captured the attention of >100 million young Chinese. There is no telling the impact this psychological placement has had.