or Connect

Posts by bwik

I take this to be inspirational that one small blog post -- or news tip -- can create a global media firestorm. Sometimes this is good. I think of many contemporary issues in this light. Getting an "angle" on an issue can create a sound byte that changes the world. Gen Electric paying no taxes ?! Pure gold. Fake Apple store by Chinese fakers? More pure gold. This isn't news; China has been violating every copyright for 15+ years. But it's the presentation that was...
OS 10.7 couldn't possibly as much of a RAM hog.... could it? Signed, 8GB machine
These people doing patent trolling should be found guilty of treason and shot by the government. I do not advocate violence, merely civility and good citizenship. Surely a field could be fertilized with their remains?
So you're saying what exactly, pumpkin? Apple can't hire lawyers unless Samsung approves? I didn't hear a legal argument but perhaps you have one?
I don't see how Apple's lawyers would be legally barred from whatever representation of Apple. If Samsung believes these attys are engaging in illegal conduct, by all means Samsung should file suit or file complaints. But if not, then STFU... such attys should certainly help Apple in all legally and ethically permissible ways.
I'm sorry, but addressing a large email with the pronoun "Team" is just.... douchey. He's right though. No software is good at 1.0. Give them a year, they will make it fairly nice. Diminishing returns... iOS 4.0 is pretty good and it will be possible to match that within 12-18 months.
Won't people be surprised and amazed by the unveiling of the giant glass swastika!
Do you refer to other companies as "googles?"
That is a very nice concrete example. The other reason this is a monopoly / duopoly is because no credible new entrant could be formed (because spectrum was stupidly sold directly to the monopolists). People who study this in depth (i.e. industrial organization economics) will realize that kind of auction was destined to create and reinforce permanent monopoly companies. How could ATT / Verizon go bankrupt at this point? They would last 350 years now. This market was...
In many fields... airlines, banking, cable TV, cell phones... the govt has basically abdicated its anti-monopoly role. The laws are there, they just never get enforced anymore. If I worked for DOJ I could prove a bunch of different ways that an ATT/Tmobile merger is illegal.