or Connect

Posts by bwik

Well said. Many things are "obvious" in retrospect. Especially elegant things, like Einstein's theory of special relativity. But, although simple, no-one thought of that before Einstein published it. He rightly receives credit for the innovation. And so on. This doesn't mean Apple deserves a monopoly on touchpads forever. But Samsung has made a clone product. Like the Chinese SUV that is molded to the BMW X5 body. It's not an original product; it is essentially...
The settlement should be that DOJ does their job enforcing USA laws, AT&T obeys those laws, or it can be brought into government management with increasing forfeiture of ATT shareholder assets, the more government time is wasted on law-breaking behavior by ATT.
They accidentally (or kindly) warned everybody in their upgrade ads. Therefore I never bought version 6. Sure am glad, too! I'll buy it when it is 30 bucks or so.
Agreed, I really liked Office 97. Basically against that standard, other than bigger row limits, and nicer PPT, Office has been downgrades since 1997. It's almost worth running an old XP virtual machine just to run old Office.
What about an interface for people who are mentally functioning just fine? You know, an interface to do work with and stuff?
Money isn't everything. Some guys are extremely aggressive with stock ownership (Larry E and Bill G and countless others). Occasionally, they win big and win they do, they go down as the richest people. But equally important and valuable people conduct their affairs differently -- sometimes more prudently -- and end up poorer as a result. Steve Jobs could easily be the richest man in the world, but he didn't organize his Apple shares in that particular way. Same...
There was no mockery or barb in the letter. That is pure projection of own feelings (probably unrealistic self importance?) by AppleInsider.
I have criticized Apple lately for several things: but never Mr Jobs! Everything he has done and said has panned out! The whole industry today operates on his vision. His influence is too large to measure. The man improved a lot of lives! I tell him thanks and wish him everything golden!
I am often called anti Apple here because I dont support the "App Store" trademark (sic). But Apple is pulling a big win against Samsung. The longer it goes, the weaker Samsung looks. Either they can be a copycat firm or they can be an honorable company. They are choosing copycat which makes them just another junk emporium IMO. Too bad. Samsung has such awesome capabilities. I guess they aren't able to detect mistakes and correct them.
A fake courtroom that doesn't even have any relevance in China seems oddly appropriate for this.