or Connect

Posts by bwik

Skype is horrible and badly coded on any platform. Always has been. Handy though.
Apple's new releases greatly pleases many "prosumers" like myself. It also temporarily angers some professional FCP editors while they wait for features. Compare the number of Prosumers (5 million?) with the number of professional editors (20,000?) and get back to me. I think we have been giving creedence to FCP editors as if their priorities are Apple's own. Well, I am a prosumer and I matter much more to Apple than the pros do. Great, seeya.
They didn't "pull" the old version from existence. It is still there. This is just a new option for you. If you don't like it, probably you could wait until it improves. A mega-app like FCP needs to mature in the "ecosystem" for at least a year before it settles down. Start your clock now and wait a year. You'll probably get what you want.
Interesting posts Shi, I have some good friends in SK, they pretty much echo you (but in a more positive way). The amusing thing here is Apple and Samsung each can threaten each other in many ways. Each item you mentioned probably can't influence Apple very much. It is dangerous to mix politics and brand names. But it can be an investment in national prestige. Still, it would be better to have a good ecosystem for new companies.
Maybe they are fighting with billion dollar wads of cash?
Yeah meanwhile, Wang and Amiga reported great results this quarter. Even Sony.
I understand Apple has more money than Target, but which is the more stable business... technology products (invented each year!) or groceries / dry goods... I would pick Target
The entire dept store model is not doing great. He may be thinking, if he can out-perform Macy's, actually build a much better store and experience than Macy's, he can win the broad middle dept store industry. Nordstrom, Saks, Neiman Marcus are too expensive for most people. The broad region below them is poorly served today IMHO. The middle class probably doesn't buy clothes at Target. If JC Penny can be their best store, it can get a position that way. I agree Sears...
Uh... look pooky... Target will probably be around in 2050 when Apple is just a memory.
I agree with what you say but Penny's does have 1,100 stores and some massive number of employees. Yes it needs a reboot. Yes it has a lack of an image. But people need clothes. I still agree with you that Sears has the ingredients for a winner. Maybe some other executive will make it happen. Penny's I dunno. It would be nice to think something positive but I am not sure what I can say about this.