or Connect

Posts by bwik

You're not being consistent.  I never said Office 2013 was necessary or good.  It's actually horse manure.  Not ready for prime time. Office 2011 is.  It's the only "good" Mac release of Office that's ever been done IMO.  Yes -- it has Ribbon interface.  As the entire world has -- and will have -- for probably the next decade.   I don't suggest you need to enjoy Ribbon -- only that, if you use these tools -- and intend to work at all -- you'll need to fully adjust...
Office 2011 is fully current - not "long in the tooth."   Know what's long in the tooth?  iLife and iWork.  Microsoft is way, way ahead in the arena.  Re: the Ribbon interface -- I used to agree - but deal with it, we're 5+ years into it.  There is no going back.  It is what it is.
And stuff.
Oops! Subtract genuine China iphone sales by 8 million. "Appel Strore" across China are getting 8 million packages in the mail.
  Good to hear!  Maybe you would take exception to the article's portrayal of Reno as a wasteland of abandoned motels where nothing happened for 15 years...  maybe that is just an AAPL savior narrative.  BTW looking forward to visiting your city one of these days.
    The Communist Party of China absolutely agrees with you.  Screw the people and steal all the technology/wealth in the world.  It's about their family over yours...  any way they (government officials) can.  That simple.
Will they be employing any actual Americans at the site? Hard to imagine Reno has the exact kind of engineers Apple will need. Either they move people in, train locals or bring in visa candidates. I wonder which.
Calling these people immigrants offends me.  They are would-be immigrants.  Not immigrants.  Immigrants have immigrated.  Would-be immigrants are absent from their homes and are trespassing in another country.   Seeing billionaires favor a debasing of wages for tech workers and yard workers alike does nothing to warm my heart.  Workers like me should be the ones talking.  Billionaires like Pauline should be absolutely silent.  This is a democracy.  Workers (citizen...
So, this guy launched a more popular product that the iPhone? Please tell us more about it.
I'm a heavy internet user with plenty of money and a high income. Never been tempted to actually pay these ridiculous prices. It's just more than I am willing to pay.