or Connect

Posts by bwik

Woz was a coke user back then -- how could he not be? He was into rock and had millions of dollars. And it was the late 70s / early 80s.
Apple iTunes / App Store has been one of the largest centers of credit card fraud activity on Earth.  So, this is probably a good thing.  Source: stuff I know and people I know in the CC industry.  Including fraud executives
  Apple today is about as interesting as General Mills.  Breakfast cereal too has innovations every year.
Who inside Apple has enough clout to introduce the next surprising, disruptive invention?     Oh, nobody?  Yeah, even ol' Steve barely had enough clout to do that.  Steve suddenly got famous in 2010-2011 when the iPad was a hit even though all agreed it was a "stupid idea," his 9th "stupid idea" in a string of successful, profitable, revolutionary ideas that were ahead of the curve.   Apple hasn't done an interesting "stupid idea" since Steve died.  It is run by...
Share buybacks are theoretically ideal.  But in a sentiment driven market, buybacks can backfire.  What if Apple soaked its money into $500/sharre and it went down to $200/share?  The money would be gone with zero value created.  That's because sentiment and faith are still a big part of the stock at $500/share.     We have no idea how Apple will make money in 2015-2020.  Just no idea.  I'm not saying they won't, but they will have to start innovating.  Otherwise...
Watch men who create nothing froth at the mouth for Apple's worth and credibility.  Apple was originally run by a man who created things.  That is what creates true wealth and value.  You can engineer Apple's balance sheet to hell and back and it won't add one cent of fundamental value.  MBAs should be running pencil factories and selling breakfast cereal.  Apple's business model is anti-MBA and that has been the source of its value.  Watching Apple end that innovative...
I know, let's have MBAs run Apple into the ground. 
Usually deceptive people do not admit "I am right now deceiving you."  Instead, they claim that they are not being deceptive.  That is actually a necessary part of the deception.
Apple should have taken a different tack.  Instead of saying Galaxies were _like_ Apple products, Apple should have asserted that galaxies _were_ Apple products.  It's really theft.  Samsung was manufacturing Apple's products without a license.     It's just like selling a recording of a Beatles song, but pretending you wrote it and refusing to pay royalties.  The offense is not releasing the product; the offense is stealing their revenue for their song.
So, the return of Sherlock.