or Connect

Posts by bwik

I don't intend to either. But not because of that silly Apple iWork that doesn't do jack. I am upset that Microsoft Office for the Mac won't do the Microsoft Office tasks that I need it to do for business. That's what makes me reluctant to purchase it again. Because I paid for something that doesn't really exist at all. Office for the Mac. Currently, NeoOffice has more features. The one good thing about Word is the Equation Editor works pretty well. That's handy. ...
Wow, so in the future they will de-downgrade Office for the Mac somewhat (but not all the way). Maybe by 2012 or so, Office for the Mac will equal Office 97 for the PC. But I actually doubt it (Access, Macros, etc).
The 2008 iPhone will have the latest RS-232 Serial ports with 6-foot coiled grey cables. This will allow it to connect to 2 AppleTalk networks at the same time. The iPhone 2008 will be compatible with the Mac SE, Mac SE/30 and Mac II series. It will be System 7 savvy. The iPhone 2008 will have a PDS slot but also NuBus slots we we look to the rear of the unit. The phone will come with extra terminators for the SCSI controllers and will acommodate up to 7 devices...
As with its products, MSFT has seen that its boorish antics are sapping its own power away, resulting in MS's inevitable decline. If Ballmer had been a competent CEO from the free market (which he's not -- he is an unproven hack), he would have approached Yahoo much more sensitively. As it was, Ballmer's aggression created risk and could have destroyed Yahoo, certainly making many of its key employees leave. The strength of a firm like that is not guaranteed to...
Ballmer has taught me an amazing lesson in life through his wisdom. If I ever have a couple friends who have a genius for constructing moneymaking legal / industrial apparatus, JOIN them and HANG AROUND. Sooner or later, I will have a billion dollars from just farting and doing nothing. Then I can have a huge yacht or 4 or 7, plus luxury airplanes.
Microsoft's tester base is roughly the size of Apple's user base. Naturally, Microsoft can achieve good stability without releasing. Adobe also tends to release mature apps. I'll buy your theory that Apple could have built 10.5.3 like a ship in a bottle. Would they have had the same pressures / priorities that the market creates, probably not. But those forces are not entirely counterproductive. I question whether the exact same product WOULD be produced, not whether...
Anybody heard anything about the 2012 election? What will be the big topics? Apple domination? Unemployment in the rust-belt Redmond, WA area?
It's sort of funny that Blockbuster was founded to capitalize an Americans sitting on their lazy asses. Now, Blockbuster is threatened because of that same laziness! Why get up off the couch, ever? "... And suddenly the Blockbuster executive panel realized that Americans could have movies beamed DIRECTLY into their TV sets without any DVD at all... OH SHIT, they all said.." Haha suck it Blockbuster
What ridiculous nonesense. MS is the one raking in huge profits without innovation. Apple has unleashed everything good about the personal computer revolution during the past 30 years. In 1997, Steve Jobs took control of a weak, directionless Apple Computer. Since then, Steve has made Apple a mighty world powerhouse in IT, music and now cellular phones. Apple does not rip off its customers. The OS is a very reasonable $99 or so. To accuse Mr. Jobs of money-hungriness...
Oh really? And who would have designed it, a magical person? They need feedback _from_ the user base in order to _find_ the bugs that need squashing. So it's not possible to release 10.5.3 until now, after the user base has created the agenda. The problem is, nobody is better than Apple at designing bug-free OS's. Apple is the best OS maker the human race has yet produced. I just don't get why criticize Apple about being slow or stupid. They are doing the best they...