or Connect

Posts by bwik

Anybody heard anything about the 2012 election? What will be the big topics? Apple domination? Unemployment in the rust-belt Redmond, WA area?
It's sort of funny that Blockbuster was founded to capitalize an Americans sitting on their lazy asses. Now, Blockbuster is threatened because of that same laziness! Why get up off the couch, ever? "... And suddenly the Blockbuster executive panel realized that Americans could have movies beamed DIRECTLY into their TV sets without any DVD at all... OH SHIT, they all said.." Haha suck it Blockbuster
What ridiculous nonesense. MS is the one raking in huge profits without innovation. Apple has unleashed everything good about the personal computer revolution during the past 30 years. In 1997, Steve Jobs took control of a weak, directionless Apple Computer. Since then, Steve has made Apple a mighty world powerhouse in IT, music and now cellular phones. Apple does not rip off its customers. The OS is a very reasonable $99 or so. To accuse Mr. Jobs of money-hungriness...
Oh really? And who would have designed it, a magical person? They need feedback _from_ the user base in order to _find_ the bugs that need squashing. So it's not possible to release 10.5.3 until now, after the user base has created the agenda. The problem is, nobody is better than Apple at designing bug-free OS's. Apple is the best OS maker the human race has yet produced. I just don't get why criticize Apple about being slow or stupid. They are doing the best they...
Well Mac Excel 2008 is such a laughably sub-par program, so far below Excel 1997 literally, that no corporation's finance dept could ever use the Mac platform. This is obviously MS's intention, of course.
Pretty interesting. Apple might run dry for a whole month to flush out all inventory. I dunno. Sounds a little risky, but most buyers are likely to wait patiently. So it shouldn't sacrifice too many sales. Only Apple is strong enough to keep people loyal even with no product to sell
Downloaded Safari 3.1... unfortunately, Apple has still not included a functioning "QUIT" command to exit the program. Instead, if you have more than 3 tabs, or the browser has been open, Safari hangs. It can't quit. You can close windows individually, and then quit. But it cannot quit by itself, even in 30 minutes. I have a MacBook Pro 2.33 ghz with 2GB RAM. When I need to exit Safari, personally I just force quit it. Trying to quit for real only works 30% of...
The entire world is sharing .doc files without issues???? Every job interview I had in the early 2000s, I would see my .doc Resume printed out in front of them. Always messed up. 2 pages instead of 1 page, etc. In the corporate world inside a company, usually you can depend on Word formats (not always as I already said). But complex Excel will lose its formatting all the time. .pdf is the only good output option there. These days, I only do my CV in .pdf form. It is...
I grant your point that NeoOffice can be a pain. But its Excel is largely a clone of the real Excel... menu item for menu item. As for being dog-slow, it is... if your computer is old. For me it's not a problem.As for "sharing Office documents...'Come on...joking right? Office documents can't travel 50 feet inside the same company without the formatting going to sh**. Plus the viruses issue. You can't even mail .doc files through Google; ring a bell? My email...
I just got an Office 2008 license as a student. Basically it is inferior to NeoOffice, and also iWork 08 (which I have). Word is OK, and thank goodness the Equation Editor is included (which I use constanty). EXCEPT WHEN WORD SAYS MY DISK IS FULL. THis is a very frequent error. During which I CAN'T SAVE MY EQUATIONS. SO MY WORK GETS LOST. Like 1988 all over again. Moving on, Excel 2008 is a complete joke. No Equation Solver. No VBR. NO MACROS!!!!!!! NO MACROS,...