or Connect

Posts by bwik

If only this man could build an illegal monopoly and more powerfully screw us.  It is really a shame because I was waiting for him.
Yes, it seems like Austin would prefer most people would be on government benefits (those who earn less than $35k) and just lie on their back making babies.  Only the rich nerds need to actually work.  Austin will prevent others from being employed.  Sounds odd.
      We differ in that I believe we need a huge government.  Yes it should be slashed by 50%.  But it would still be huge.  We need it to be large.  It needs to be paid for by taxes.  Income taxes are the proven way to raise this money to provide education, health care and defense.     I am literally advocating elimination of corporate taxes because we already can collect tax at the shareholder's front gate.  We need not tax businesses.  But, we do need to tax something,...
if I had a successful little company earning $10 million / year, with say 5 employees, you better believe the government will expect a share of my money.  What's unfair is, if I make $10 billion / year, I can afford a white shoe tax engineer law firm (roughly $50 million/yr)  to stonewash my tax bill down to zero percent.  That's WRONG!!  Megacorps should not have this advantage over small business.   The solution is to eliminate corporate tax and concentrate on...
Unfortunately the Communist NYT and NPR political theories don't result in happy Chinese factory workers.  These workers prefer capitalism.
Apple should have been less conservative with _past_ guidance.  Past growth is not future growth.   There are only so many affluent humans on the globe.  Apple has reached them.  In the next 10 years, many of them will sour on Apple.  Many more will stay loyal Apple customers.     Growth, by definition, ends, particularly when you are on top of a global market.  iPad sales will be discontinued someday, once Apple is out of favor.  This might be 2040 or it might be...
You are right to say that. We don't know. But, I do not understand the suggestion that Apple is definitely "innovative" and its track record should be expected to continue steadily. Steve personally commissioned all of Apple's current signature products. It is the tech business. In 5 years, Apple's current products will be irrelevant. ExxonMobil's product line will be very relevant in 2017. Apple now is valued like a sustainable pillar of global business. But sony...
What possible justification can Sony have to employ thousands of people? They sell generic electronic products. The danger with companies is they get run for the employee's benefit not the shareholders (who are widows and orphans trying to pay for their mortgage too, in many cases). Sony has been trading on its old brand equity for years. Employees have been paid without delivering value to the customer. Sony could purchase generic electronics (and often does) and...
I agree. Corporate structure dictates cost cutting and design-by-consensus. The personal clout of Steve was the only reason Apple was able to build the iPad or iPhone. Both of which were, according to market journalists at the time, stupid products. Apple won't be producing things so innovative that they appear "stupid" to the marketplace and then suddenly rocket up to 10s of millions of sales. Reminder, this was in 2010 when the iPad required Steve's personal clout...
Fantastic, I am glad they finally fixed Java's security flaws in the Mac OS X implementation, monthly for the last ten or twelve years.