or Connect

Posts by bwik

Like OS X, this was a painful migration that needed to happen. Of course it was hell on early adopters. But that is how these things are.
I think this is misunderstood. It is reasonable to tell engineers a fake story about how their REAL work will go into a real product. For example, tell them this 5.5" interface will go into a giant underwater wristwatch. Then, 85% of their work is really the next iTouch GXL but the engineer does not know that. They did real work, but weren't fully informed about the marketing. That's only prudent.
Absolutely agree with that. Many of my best colleagues were born and/or educated abroad. Nice for them. And nice for the company to be able to hire globally. But I do find this kind of behavior -- in one of the few wealthiest industries Big Tech -- egregious. This is why I wouldn't work in tech -- I now work in banking. At least we pay our talent.
Par for the course in Apple and MS's disrespect for IT and other industry professionals. To them, the cheapest possible worker is always the answer. Bill Gates is extensively on record saying MSFT needs to import more H1-B workers even though the US has unlimited talent pools in law, medicine and MBA. Why can't Microsoft and Apple recruit staff? Because they don't want to pay American wages to high achieving Americans. Instead, those people go into law, medicine,...
The rate of increase of the rate of increase is falling!!! Apple is DOOMED.
If only ATT and T-mobile could have merged! Hopefully all the spectrum can be soaked up, to herd all the American people into ATT's spectrum where they can be slaughtered like pigs? Oh, I mean served?
Unfortunately I patented useless drivel. So, it looks like Apple owes me money for this. So do a lot of other "tech" companies.
an iPad designed for work would have 8GB of RAM and a full size, tactile action keyboard. I'm not sure how you could do my computing loads or even type supervisory emails without a keyboard. Not to say it wouldn't sell... it clearly would sell, probably even without a screen. Macbook Air continues to be the most exciting Apple product for me. And, it's flawed. Screen rez is not good enough and RAM is too light. The future will include actual computing, including...
This is an example of a CEO shaking in fear because social media (including radio programs like This American Life) is pressing the company to face the music, or else lose control of a valuable brand image. It is social media holding capitalism accountable. The slogan that Apple enslaves children would be quite powerful insofar as it is a documented truth. Cook knows this, and is using leadership to try to fix the problem.
In China, they are aware of the concept of "pai dui" (line up), but it is considered to be a display of uncommon civility (imposed by the government perhaps). It is not a baseline expectation. In my view, in the West, we western hotheads had many fights to the death about standing in line. We have some dim awareness that if we thronged like Chinese mobs, we would start raging on each other pretty quickly. There is also the charitable view that China is crowded, so they...