or Connect

Posts by thebigapple

I love Apple, their innovations, the eco-conscious efforts that they are now putting into place, and the progressive mindset that has made them one of the most inspiring corporations in the world. Regardless of what one might believe about the stock market and gambling, analyst predictions, or the day-to-day activity of this stock, this is a company that has fundamentally changed the way people live because of the tools they have created and the ideas they have put forth....
Thanks for the link - that's exactly what I'm talking about - they don't just use Akami, they bought 5% of the company. They wouldn't do this just to make their trailers faster. This tells me they are gearing for something more encompassing than we think...
The business I am talking about is media distribution. Right now youtube needs all sorts of software to be able to stream efficiently. If Apple can streamline this into Final Cut, you will see a game-changer... I see this plus the massive increase in storage capacity on .mac plus the music label deal with Jay-Z all positioning Apple to be in the entertainment and media distribution business more so than selling great laptops.
Forget about these stats -isn't the year-end goal some 10 millions iPhones? I predict they've sold close to 4 million by now globally...
I can't imagine the big "secret" being a small software upgrade for Final Cut or the mac book towers, which are really for pro use anyway. Apple is always in line if not one step ahead of the trend. My prediction is that this is going to have something to do with how social networking sites and people like YouTube and Google operate. Something having to do with streaming content...
I hear you. I guess I'm a little too conservative to play at these levels. We'll see what happens in the next few days - I've had the stock for a long time and it's exciting to see the rest of the world realize that Apple is a real player in the industry that's not going away any time soon. Best of luck to all of us Apple fanatics!
Haha! Nope, can't say I'm a short - I've had the stock since 2003. But, I buy like Warren Buffett - when it's realisticaly priced or undervalued. I could never buy at this price. The basic numbers show that the high estimates are .99. Granted, they will probably beat this, but let's say they have the best quarter ever and they come in at 1.20, beating everything they've ever done and completely blowing away all estimates. That puts the stock, at BEST, at $150. Those are...
Can anyone make sense of these numbers and the current stock price? If Apple comes in with even better-than-expected numbers, that puts the stock at $140 - about 30 points below what it's trading at now - and this does not include the 20-30 million they had to give away to calm down everyone who bought an iPhone early. I'm guessing there will be a HUGE selloff after earnings or are stockholders, for the first time in history, actually going to hold the stock until...
they got them from the stores in New York City. Soho and Fifth Avenue - maybe it was a bad NY shipment? Either way, I'm trying to figure out how the stock price could possibly be this high - it seems they would need to beat earnings by almost a $1 in order to justify it, which I don't think I've seen any company do ever!....
Does anyone know the official stats on the iPhone failure rate? I am a tech consultant - out of the 22 clients of mine who purchased an iPhone, 10 had to be returned for a new one. In fact, mine just died completely the other day for no reason at all. I just returned for a new one... This makes me very nervous, but I have not seen any reports as such. They were all purchased at different times. None of the analysts seem to have factored in returns or the likely...