or Connect

Posts by nick_harambee

I have been using an Apple thunderbolt to VGA adapter to connect my digital projector to a Macbook Air. Now I need to also connect a pro audio firewire mixer, which has a firewire 400 cable. If I didn't have to connect the projector as well, I presume that the way to go would be to use an Apple thunderbolt to Firewire 800 adapter with an 800 to 400 adapter on the end, but as I have two devices I am rather stumped. I know that thunderbolt/mini display is for daisy...
Hi,   I recently had an issue with my iTunes Library so I used the Organize Library feature to have iTunes organise my library. What happened was that it put all of my music in a folder called 'Music' on my external hard drive, whereas previously it was not in a folder at all, e.g.   BEFORE: External Hard Drive / Abba / Greatest Hits / Mama Mia.m4a   AFTER: External Hard Drive / Music / Abba / Greatest Hits / Mama Mia.m4a   I don't have any particular...
Hello, I am experiencing a very frustrating issue with my Macbook Pro in that the trackpad on the machine itself as well as my Magic Trackpad are intermittently unresponsive in various applications, when clicking/tapping in particular. Sometimes I can do click in one area of an application, but not another. Sometimes clicking in a responsive application, and then reclicking in the problematic application helps, but usually not for long. I am running Lion...
Hi, I am looking for a way of creating an invoice in Numbers '09 with absolutely no margins, for exporting to PDF. Even if I remove all margins and header and footers on a page, Numbers still leaves behind a margin at the top and the bottom. This means that if I want to create an invoice with a background image to fill the entire page, I can't do so. Ideally then I would be able to remove these 'margins'. Failing this, is there a way of setting the background...
Hi, For some reason Preview is not rendering fonts well in PDFs. I have created high quality PDFs using two applications (Illustrator CS5 and Numbers '09) and in both cases the fonts are not rendering correctly in Preview. They generally look much less sharp. I am attaching screenshots below, with the original image first and then the PDF in Preview. When I look at the same PDFs in Acrobat Pro the fonts look fine, so I am presuming that the issue is with...
Hi, I have written the applescript below to duplicate my Apple Lossless iTunes library as a MP3 Library. I wanted the script to be able to do the following things: 1. For all Apple Lossless tracks in iTunes Library (at the moment the script is just set to work with a selection for testing purposes) check if track already exists in MP3 folder with more recent modification date and: a If yes, do nothing b If same track with earlier modification date convert and...
Hi I have installed ffmpeg using MacPorts and am trying to work out a script that will convert audio files in a specified folder to mp3 files, outputting the converted files as mp3 files in another folder. So far the script looks like this: Code: set convertPath to "Macintosh HD:opt:local:bin:ffmpeg" set convertCommand to quoted form of POSIX path of convertPath & " -i {infile} -f mp3 -ar 44100 -ab 128 -acodec mp3 - " tell application "Finder" set inPath to...
Hi I wonder if there is a way of running my secondary monitor in fullscreen mode whilst still being able to use my primary monitor for other tasks. This functionality is built in to Quicktime 7, with the 'Present Movie' option in the View Menu. I would like to be able to do the same with both the iTunes visualizer and iPhoto slideshows. Currently both of these applications black out the monitor that isn't being used when these features are run in fullscreen...
Hi There is a lot of info out there about using your iPod as a hard drive, but I am wanting to the opposite, namely use my external portable hard drive as an iPod (this says something of my contrary nature). The reason being that my iTunes library is made up of Apple Lossless files, and I would like to take advantage of the "convert higher bit rate songs to 128kbps" feature in iTunes, but by syncing to a portable external hard drive rather than an iPod. I am aware that...
Hi I am wondering how easy it would be to write a script that would create a slideshow of images in the album folder of the track currently playing in iTunes. Because iTunes doesn't support the display of multiple artwork images I am looking for another method (I have a lot of albums with multiple images). I would like to be able to view the images fullscreen on a secondary monitor whilst still having the ability to use my main monitor for other purposes (i.e. the...