or Connect

Posts by zorinlynx

Are you sure 10.5 is at fault? Many times wireless networks have problems because of interference caused by things like microwave ovens, 2.4GHz cordless phones, other nearby wireless networks, electrical interference, and so on. I suggest looking into these possibilities before blaming the operating system. I have had absolutely flawless wireless operation on all the networks I frequent with 10.5.x; heck it's more reliable and the system joins networks much faster than it...
Sigh... is this is the way things are going? Companies start coming up with new ways of doing something you already do, so you sue them instead of, I don't know.... COMING UP WITH YOUR OWN SOLUTION AND COMPETING WITH THEM! Why doesn't Seagate come up with their OWN SSD solution, rather than be sue-happy pricks? Is that what the world is coming to? So much for innovation and progress. Let's SUE SUE SUE to make money through staying behind technology-wise. I just...
As for time based sorting: ls -ltr Hello UNIX, 1980. As for this streams thing... What's funny is I remember this vividly. There was a presentation about it on some TV show (The computer chronicles?) and it seemed really neat at the time. But as usual, the company never actually *DID* anything with it, and thus went under. Meanwhile, Apple may have used some of the same ideas, but was successful. Patents should be invalidated if the holding company doesn't...
WHY is Apple so conservative with fan speeds? Is completely silent operation really worth higher running temperatures and unstable systems? I use SMCFanControl on both of my Macs. My Macbook Pro used to get extremely hot when just *idle* doing nothing but web surfing and IMing. Cranking the fan speed to 1500RPM (from 1000) made it a lot cooler, and I can't even hear the difference. My Mac Pro was reporting temperatures near 100C for the motherboard chipset and the...
Pop up ads are annoying. They make me NOT want to support the product being advertised. This is probably not what they want.
I'm still seeing incessant pop-ups when I browse AppleInsider, even though I have pop-ups disabled in Firefox. Is anyone going to do something about this?
Can Linux systems mount the Time Capsule? The reason I ask is that I'd love to have both of my Macs and my Linux server back up to the Time Capsule. I have a set of scripts that uses cron to run dump backups and save them on my Mac Pro, but it'd be nice to have all my backups saved in one place. Being able to take the Time Capsule to work now and then to write its contents to tape as an offsite backup would be a plus as well!
I thought this was Apple's best quarter ever? What are the investors complaining about? Earlier yesterday everyone was raving about how much money they made...
I am also getting pop-ups and they are making me not want to visit the site anymore. You are going OUT OF YOUR WAY to get around my pop-up blocker. This is rude and uncalled for. Please stop annoying your users with this. Pop-ups went out of style years ago. There's a reason nearly everyone blocks them now and why browsers are set to block them by default. I hope someone is listening.
I suppose that makes sense. I have no problem buying from Amazon MP3 and supporting DRM-free music. My worry is that the labels are doing this so that it doesn't succeed and they can go "Well look, we offered music DRM-free but not that many people went for it. They kept buying from iTunes, though, with DRM, so DRM is okay. Told you so!" when in fact they knew Amazon MP3 wasn't going to do that well. iTunes isn't a monopoly as long as there's another option available to...