or Connect

Posts by zorinlynx

Is this finally going to standardize 10.6 across the hardware spectrum again? Right now at least the 2010 Mac Minis are running a different build of 10.6.4 than other Macs. They also ran a different build of 10.6.3. For those of us who maintain separate "master images" to deploy in managed network environments.... Let's just say this has been a pain when we got new Minis in.
Any word on whether Sprint might get the iPhone? Everyone seems to only talk about Verizon when Sprint uses the same CDMA tech so it would be trivial for the iPhone to come to both.
Okay, I don't get it. What value does Apple find in suing accessory makers? When I choose a computer or other product, having lots of accessories available from many sources makes me more willing to choose that brand and model than one where there's hardly any accessories available. Imagine if Apple started suing the makers of iPod/iPhone cases? They'd hurt their image even more. If a company is selling lots of portable battery packs for Macbooks, it means people...
So it seems this company manages their entire lives, rather than just giving them a set number of hours to work and letting them go out and do their own thing on their time off. Why is this? Is there a lack of a city/town with stuff to do and social activities around these companies? Or is that just the way Chinese culture works, where your company manages your entire life rather than just your time at work?
Once again, we have to break into our own phones to add functionality that should have been there from the start. Way to go Apple. I love your Macs, but I still think you are doo-doo heads when it comes to your iOS division.
Umm, doesn't this mean that a malicious website could also "jailbreak" the iPhone and install a rootkit, then do really bad things with your phone, steal your information, call 976 numbers, and so on? I'm all for jailbreaking the phone but it's a bit scary that you can run code in a browser to do it. This just waiting for someone to exploit some high profile commercial site and pwn hundreds of thousands of iPhones...
I'm attacking Apple because despite the fact that so many people are bitching about what a crap network AT&T is, they stick with AT&T as if they were happily married. I have a love/hate relationship with Apple. I love Macs, but hate the iPhone division, because it seems they're all about pandering to AT&T and restricting what you can do with their products. For example, you would think being able to tether a Wifi iPad to use an iPhone's data connection would be a very...
I find it incredibly obnoxious how Apple tries to blame AT&T for all of this, when they share the responsibility because they won't simply BRING THE DAMN PHONE TO OTHER CARRIERS. If the iPhone's userbase were spread between AT&T, Sprint, Verizon and T-Mobile, we wouldn't have these stupid problems. But no, they want to stay in a monogamous **** **** ***** **** ***** relationship with AT&T forever, like they are in love and want to *** **** ***** with them. I wonder...
I hope the iPod Nano doesn't get discontinued as a result of this. I don't really want an iPhone, and I'd rather have a dedicated music player. I like being able to listen to all the music I want on a trip without worrying about draining my phone's battery down and being unable to make calls. iPod Touch is superfluous. iPad I might get, but for completely different reasons. For just listening to music, the iPod Nano (or classic) is where it's at. You can't beat the...
Try transferring the sim card over? Maybe that'll work... That's typically what I've seen done with phone upgrades anyway.