or Connect

Posts by Frank777

I was a bit puzzled about the timing of the MacBook Pro upgrade, since I don't recall Apple doing a spec update of the 'Books on a random summer week before.   However the rumoured iMac and Mini updates do make sense, since Apple often does a product update in the first week of August. In fact, they almost always announce something on the first Tuesday or Wednesday in August.   It's easy for a Torontonian to keep track of. You get back from the Simcoe Day long weekend,...
 I wouldn't worry about that. It looks to me like Apple had plans for a Broadwell redesign and Intel messed them up. That's the only reason I can think of for waiting this long to finally refresh the Mini. The 'mid-2014' Mini will probably have the same form factor.  Yep.
All together now...Glory, Glory Hallelujah!....
Russia is now openly violating international arms treaties. This is all going to end really well.
 Never said anything about delaying a purchase. But from a supply chain perspective, it is confusing why Apple is taking so long to upgrade the Mac line to TB2. After all, Cook is supposed to be a supply chain guru, and buying a mix of TB1 and TB2 parts negates economies of scale and driving the rest of the industry to adopt the newer version of the standard.
Has Apple ever speed bumped the MacBook Pro line in the summer?   If they do, they're set for Back-to-School and I can't imagine a major upgrade this year if Broadwell's not shipping in quantity before Christmas.   So I guess no USB 3.1 till 2015, which meshes with Thunderbolt 3 as well.   And since Yosemite's free, you don't have to wait to buy.   That all seems good, though I'm still confused why we're past the middle of 2014 and the iMac still has Thunderbolt 1.  
 Is there any actual confirmation of this? Quicken Essentials for Mac was introduced in February 2010. We're about to enter August of 2014. They couldn't add features - which they had already designed and coded -  into another product in less than three and a half years?
 Attitudes like this are why Mac users can't have nice things. The correct answer is that Quicken doesn't exist on OS X, and to try one of the Mac alternatives. Telling a Mac user to use Windows is just wrong. It's just enabling companies like Intuit to ignore the Mac market.
 Yes, but after the NSA revelations, people are more wary about putting their accounting and tax data into the cloud. A full-featured Quicken for Mac would be doing well right now.
Hmmm. It's almost like certain people in government want an illegal immigrant invasion into the American south. I wonder why?