or Connect

Posts by Frank777

Of course, when a future neo-con president declares that he will arbitrarily decide which laws he will enforce, this will be evil again.
 If this innovation is truly performance-based and not simply meant to turn computers into disposable commodities to be replaced every three years, shouldn't it begin with the Pro and not the Mini? Why can I replace the RAM in a Pro and not a Mini? Did making the Mini's RAM non-upgradable this year make it significantly faster?
For the first time I can remember, a U.S. President is hoping only certain people watch his televised speech, and desperately hopes that much of the rest of the nation tunes out.   But co-ordinating a U.S. presidential speech so that it essentially serves as the half-time show for the Latin Grammys is certainly historic all on its own.
USB 3.1 is coming to TVs as well. Note this:  Huh? I thought the first devices with 3.1 were to be out by the end of this year? Has it been delayed again? Will we actually see Thunderbolt 3 before the new USB?
Good to hear. Do you use InDesign a lot? (The other poster said he was having problems with it.)
Great. I usually wait for the .1 release before loading any new OS.   Although I still haven't seen any straight answers on whether the Adobe CS5 versions work with Yosemite.
Redmond is open sourcing .NET and is planning to bring the technology to Mac OS X.   I think this means that the ACT contact manager can finally make its way to the platform, if Marketcircle's Daylite hasn't eaten most of its lunch already.   ACT used to be a most-requested piece of software for the Mac, but CRMs have moved online and there are dozens of options for Mac business users now.   Are there any other interesting software programs that were previously .NET...
I love PO. We're on a board where lefties were too traumatized to come out and discuss the 2014 midterms, but we're going to skip that - and 2016 - and talk about politicizing the Moon.   I love it here. I really do.
I think Pixelmator and Adobe hatched some kind of non-aggression pact early on.   It's the only reason not to include a CMYK mode. They clearly have the expertise to do it, and their user base/potential users have been begging for it since day one.   This whole excuse that "CMYK isn't the future" is either a really weak cover for the pact or a giant "we don't care what you want" from the developers. I think it's the former.
Reporter posts video of government hacking her computer before her very eyes.   What's also interesting is, she's clearly working on a Mac.