or Connect

Posts by Frank777

The 14"/16" idea is being thrown around the forum a lot, but does anybody know if there's really enough room in the MBP to remove the bezel and gain an inch of screen width? If Apple managed to go edge to edge (and somehow dealt with the camera placement) how big of a screen would fit in the 15" Pro?
Okay, maybe before November...
This chip isn't going to be used in a Mac Pro. Apple's not going to put a mobile chip in their flagship workstation.They'd get laughed at by everybody, not just Windows users. This mobile Xeon will almost certainly be put into a 15" (or maybe Wizard's 16") redesigned MacBook Pro. It's obvious that Apple's been waiting on Skylake/TB3 to upgrade the Mac Pro.I think a "Professional" media event will be announced by November.
Intel is now saying that the demand for the mobile Xeon is, in part, coming from "designers and content creators". The chips include TB3 and USB 3.1.   That's as close as you can practically come to saying "we're building this chip because Apple asked us to."
 Great points. When is that conference?
It may come with a Xeon chip!
Forgot about this question. But to be clear, I didn't answer because it's outside the topic of this thread. My point was that abortion backers swore up and down that the legalization of abortion wouldn't lead to a discussion of the acceptability of euthanasia, and they were dead wrong (pun intended.) A similar fate awaits our society regarding the approval of 'same sex marriage' and discussions on incest, polygamy and bestiality.
How do you get "much better" than a 5K display?   Are they seriously suggesting that the rumour that Apple will go 8K with the iMac is correct?   I know nothing about display procurement, but if 8K significantly adds to the 5K price I think Apple should hold off another year. Customers this fall will be very price-conscious.
 Yes, I ended up buying the iMac a number of years back, even though I dislike the lack of upgradability. It has served me well and the Mac Pro just wasn't ready yet (brand new, and no updated screen to pair it with.) Skylake, coupled with TB3 and USB 3.1, does look like it will satisfy for years to come. Of course, the new memory tech that Intel announced recently does make one wonder if next year's computers take a quantum leap in power just after we purchase Skylake,...
Apple's contribution to this new technology should have been to give it a proper name.