or Connect

Posts by Frank777

Take heart, with a 12" coming and the move to 5K, the lineup may shift to 12" 14" and 16" options.
 Here it is. $1399. - great price, 31" and colour-accurate with Thunderbolt support. And it's black. Unless you really need 5K (and who does ) the Pro just got the screen it's been waiting for.
We've already established that using the TB cable to an existing Mac does not work.
Obama's IRS now going after the middle class, preemptively.
Democrats are in danger of losing the Senate, so it's the perfect time to raise the issue of regulating speech on the internet.
When are these oft-delayed Broadwell chips now supposed to arrive? Early or Mid-year?
Thunderbolt 3 announced early. 5K controllers made in-house. DisplayPort 1.3 is finalized. USB 3.1 Type C is finalized. DDR4 in production and double density.   The second-gen Mac Pro is going to rock. You guys need to chill a bit. Don't go crazy with spending this Christmas and save your pennies for an amazing upgrade (and companion screen) in the New Year.
 From Marvin's post in the Retina MacBook Pro thread: Broadwell is quite impressive. So I clearly don't know what I'm talking about. Maybe it's too soon to say they'll skip Broadwell for Skylake.
 I'm sorry, that's insane. This is a machine for switchers. Telling people new to the platform to sell their new machine and buy a different one is an exercise in business failure. Apple's going to have to up the base RAM in the Mini to 8GB as soon as they can. It's obvious the Mini offerings (like the rest of the Mac line) are meant to push people toward the higher tier. But this is the budget machine, it's not like the rest of the line.It's for the budget-conscious and...
I think this means the next update will be next Summer - Skylake, Thunderbolt 3 and USB 3.1.   Broadwell was more about power savings anyway, which isn't as critical in an iMac. Right?   As usual, buy it now if you need it now.