or Connect

Posts by Frank777

Yes, I got that you were making that claim. It's ridiculous, but that's your choice. Christianity was already spreading like wildfire and turning Roman rule upside down. As in America today, it's in the ruling empire's best interest to at least pay lip service to the prevailing movement and try to harness it rather than go head to head and lose grip on power totally. I have no idea whether Constantine was really a true Christian. But calling a bunch of scholars together...
 Your first sentence is fine. The second, not so much.  Condemning pockets of followers is one thing. But if you're going to indict an entire religion, you have to look to the founder. The founder of Christianity condemned violence, resisted calls to overthrow government and invented the "turn the other cheek" metaphor.He said His kingdom wasn't of this world, and preached to love your enemies. In an occupied country that despised their immoral occupiers. The founder of...
I know political discussion here isn't what it used to be (since the lefties fled rather than defend the incompetence of their regime.)   But what's going on in the U.S. now borders on insanity.   The Obama admin is attempting to fight some kind of lame pseudo-war on Twitter, and even there they are being bested by Putin.   This is embarrassing and dangerous, since it's unlikely Putin's going to stop now given America's current weakness.
 I don't think that's the real point here. I think Intel leaked this because in a couple of months we're going to start hearing about the availability of 'PCI outside the Box', which is said to have the advantages of Thunderbolt with far less cost. I think this smells like a timed leak designed to distract and dissuade from a serious potential competitor.
 Noticed that, but Canada won so I'm okay with it.
Well we're in April and still have yet to see a Mac hardware release for the year. Is everything going to be shoehorned into the last few months of the year, like in 2013?   If Apple had silently updated the Mini last fall with the other Macs, how would that have interfered with this (apparent) coming redesign?   At this point, I think Apple is just starving the market so when the new machine comes out they can claim impressive first-day sale numbers.
The wait for 4K really isn't a huge problem, but the fact that the current iMac doesn't have Thunderbolt 2 may become an issue later.
 Home on iPod without the iPod. Interesting. This would flip the Mini into the mobile category.  Thing is, Apple usually gets the chips a bit early, don't they? The refresh would be announced before the PC world had it.
 I don't dispute that. I'm just saying I expect both upgrades (4K and TB2) to happen on the iMac at the same time.
 Personally, I've always thought the iWatch and iTV leaks were simply Columbus-level distractions from whatever else Apple is planning to debut.I agree that it takes several years between "home-run" products and expectations for the Next Big Thing are a little out of hand. That said, I'm only asking about Mac updates. The Mini doesn't seem to be a big deal to update, and Apple certainly isn't going to debut new tech on the Mac model they love to hate. So where's my new...