or Connect

Posts by Frank777

Can you Hackintosh an Intel NUC? Or a Shuttle?   One would think that sub-$500 computers would be the right price for people willing to risk using unsupported PC configs.   I wonder if this revolution in small, cheap PCs played a role in Apple discontinuing retail boxed versions of the OS?
I'm amazed that we're still waiting on a 2014 Mini update. While Macs are still integral to Apple, the casual buyer could be forgiven for wondering if Apple cares about a product it hasn't updated at all for 500 days, and which hasn't had a major design change since the optical was removed in 2011.   Hopefully, the wait implies a major upgrade, but if so I'm still surprised Apple is spending so much time on such a small part of the lineup. I would have thought Apple...
Sarah Palin, still 1000x smarter than Barack Obama will ever be.
Well this is beyond sad.   We're at the end of February and we've had absolutely no hardware updates. And software-wise, we've gotten an iWork update. And 10.9.2.   I don't really care about 4K, but why isn't TB2 on the iMac yet? And where's the new Mini?
Usually I leave a few days before updating my work machine. Because Apple's bundled the security fix, I don't have that option.   Here's hoping that 10.9.2 is rock solid...
 It's more likely the other way around. Apple's holding back releasing the security update because .2 was almost ready. As others have pointed out, it's a relatively simple fix.
To be fair, Ive's a designer not an engineer.   The problem with the current Mini is inside the machine, not the exterior.
Pages 5.0 was never my biggest problem, since Numbers' inability to sort rows trumped everything in my workflow. It made the product unusable.   I'm more of a basic word-processing user. I do my page layout with InDesign. That said, the latest update gave Pages back its vertical ruler and customizable alignment guides.   Those were two features that I believe were at the top of most user requests.
Don't delete Pages 5.0 until you are sure all your documents will open in the older version.   Since the recent update, I'm back to work and fairly satisfied with the new iWork.
Seems like the mini-desktop form factor is starting to take off and is also impacting corporate sales in tough economic times.   Does Apple not want a piece of this action? Where's the new Mini?