or Connect

Posts by Frank777

U.S. intelligence agencies last week urged the Obama administration to check its new healthcare network for malicious software after learning that developers linked to the Belarus government helped produce the website, raising fresh concerns that private data posted by millions of Americans will be compromised.
 Then Apple's product matrix is upside down. If they solder in the RAM in the $600. desktop, and allow upgradable RAM in the $3000. desktop, how does that work?
 I'm not so sure about that. The 'installer' market I referred to includes people setting the machine up as home automation and office servers.There were enough of these customers that Apple introduced a dedicated server model.
I wonder how serious Apple is about its Mac Pro Apps division.   You have to figure that picking up Pixelmator and Quark right now would be cheap.   If they worked their traditional pricing magic and reduced Quark to $399., suddenly whether Adobe supports the Mac or not would be an afterthought.
 If you've been maxing out with third-party RAM, you've been upgrading after your purchase. Soldered RAM will kill Mini sales even further.The machine's target markets (switchers, installers and DIYers) expect to be able to do basic upgrades.
 Look, everybody's frustrated with Apple's nonsensical approach to software development. Everything is being released incomplete these days. Numbers only got back the ability to sort a subset of rows today.And everyone knows that releasing a spreadsheet app that can't sort a subset of rows is insane, useless work. But at the same time, you guys force me to defend these dimwits, because you say things like Pages 5.0 is an admission of failure, or they focused it for kids in...
 Funny that Pixelmator would get CMYK support and there wasn't a giant hoopla about it in the Mac press. Especially considering that it has the potential to free many of us from Creative Cloud subscriptions.
Does Pixelmator even allow you to work in CMYK mode yet?   I remember a couple of years back the founders said they saw no real need for CMYK, which to the Pro market is an insane comment. Nice software, but haven't paid much attention to it lately.
It's great to hear we live in a world where the U.S. Department of Homeland Security can be drawn into disputes where someone is accused of pirating a movie using a mini-camcorder.
Filemaker really can be a confusing company to depend on for your business.   The 'Pro' product comes with Contact, Tasks and Invoicing templates, but no Sales Pipeline template. So you can identify customers and invoice them, skipping the critical business step where you actually sell them stuff.   Meanwhile, the consumer product Bento, actually has Sales Pipeline and Opportunity templates, but that application is now dead.   Anybody know of a good Filemaker...