or Connect

Posts by Frank777

Oops, sorry about that. I meant to say less than a year ago, and must have confused it with the Retina iMac's '50 days since last update'. Apple doesn't typically update the Mini every October like the other desktops. That doesn't mean they can't update it with Skylake when they update the iMacs, but if the 21.5" iMac is going Retina 4K and gets a big push from Apple as their new big consumer product, I think they'll defer changes to the Mini.
Affinity Photo is in the App Store and has CMYK workflow!   Bye Pixelmator - and maybe Photoshop...subject to reviews...
 The Mini was just updated less than two months ago. It's probably not going to see an update for quite awhile. The most logical guess for desktops is that the iMac gets revved in October, with the 21" getting a Retina upgrade.The iMac (aside from the 27" Retina introduced last year) has not seen an upgrade in almost two years, so it's a good bet that Apple's going to add new chips, new ports (maybe even Thunderbolt 3, if Skylake is truly almost ready.)
 No, it's not hard to understand. Not at all. Apple hates the Mini. Or, at the very least, Cupertino isn't really fond of it. Apple's culture believes that not controlling the entire user experience almost killed the company. They see headless desktops as a legacy of the pre-iMac days where the beige LC, Performa and Power Macs made the desktop computer a style-less commodity. A Mac desktop user without a built-in screen only contributes a fraction of the margin to Apple's...
Outside the price range. The iPad and Mini are already on the same level price-wise. But right now, the iPad doesn't have multitasking.
With multitasking added and a rumoured 13" screen size in the fall, the iPad looks set to become Apple's default solution for a low end home PC.   I have no idea what that means for the Mini, but it's probably not good.
This has really been annoying me. I would have sworn that Apple has previously used the El Capitan code name for a hardware product in the Power Mac range.   Am I imagining this? I haven't seen it referenced in the WWDC coverage.
I'm not a developer and so have no horse in this race, but it seems to me that if WWDC is sold out (and it always is) then it can only help Apple to have the keynote shown at another developer conference taking place simultaneously.   I could understand if they were charging for the event, but it's a free online stream.
 This is no time to be humorous. Ports are really important stuff, especially concerning protocols that aren't yet available, made for computers that won't be announced for months, due to chips that aren't yet manufactured.
 Thank you. It's like this article went out of its way to bury the important news.