or Connect

Posts by Frank777

I'm pro flat tax and tax reform in general, but your first point seems off. I'm not an expert on the U.S. tax system, but in general individuals are subject to tax treaties among industrialized nations (so for example, Canadians can work outside the country and not get double taxed.) In contrast, Apple has already paid taxes on its foreign earnings. Why should it be taxed again on the same money just because it is transferring it from one bank to another?
The iMac doesn't even have Thunderbolt 2 yet. So I assume this small rev will bring that up to date, along with HDMI 2.0. I'm assuming that USB 3.1 isn't ready for prime time yet.   Aside from that, 4K/Retina and RAM expansion in the 21" are the only things I can think of that are worth waiting for. Those will hopefully be in the next major update in the Fall.
 Almost all of the cases put forward in the media are religious conservative and Tea Party conservative groups.If anything, cases have been shown that several left wing groups had their paperwork expedited. If you are alleging that some/many/all of those affected were trying to "circumvent rules" with regard to 501c4 status, please provide some proof.Because everything I've seen so far has shown that this is a routine filing for U.S. non-profits, and few, if any, groups...
It was certainly a followup to your point on Iraq, but I don't believe you made the "out-of-touch" or "Emperor has no clothes" comments.
What about when the current White House sent in the IRS to attack its political opponents?   Where was the left wing on AI then? "Out of touch", and deliberately so.   Forget about having no clothes, much of AI's left wing simply have no principles.
Those are minor issues SDW.   The Obama admin is focused on the big stuff. Like killing the American cheese industry.
Hmm. My screenshots started going to my Pictures folder around the time I switched to Mavericks, so I thought it was a system change. Googling for help seemed to confirm others were seeing this and it could only be changed in the Terminal (which I tend to avoid.)   My apologies for interrupting the thread with this. Carry on.
Does anyone know if Yosemite restores the ability to have screenshots appear on your desktop instead of them going to the Pictures folder?   Easily the worst part of my Mavericks experience.
Bringing back the 17" in slimmer form would be trés cool for DTPers, movie-editors and photographers.   But Apple's probably going to say that TB docking the 15" to a 27" display eliminates the need.
One thing though, this pretty well confirms that we won't see new iMacs until Yosemite releases in the Fall.   Fall begins on Sept 23, so we're probably looking at a post-iPhone 6 October event.