or Connect

Posts by Frank777

It worked. Thanks for the help!
Mail doesn't seem to be able to access my Gmail after the update. Google keeps sending me emails saying someone's trying to access my Gmail from my location, an they know my password.   Yeah, because that's me.  Anybody else having this issue with Mail?
 No, it doesn't. That's over now. How many businesses have you walked into recently and seen a Mini on the desk? Outside of specialty applications (where Raspberry Pi is winning) and SOHO office servers, who runs a Mini in their office? A $799. iMac, slightly upgraded from the base model and sold to businesses in packs of 5 or 10, would add far more traction in the business world that the current Mini.
Why, what grand purpose does it solve today? Switchers? No, the cost of a new monitor, keyboard and mouse is trivial now. Apple's not even running switcher ads anymore. Hobbyist? No, you can't upgrade anything in the box anymore. Server? Maybe, but if Apple really cared they wouldn't put the power supply inside the box. Home Video? No, Apple will have a better solution for that very soon. Car? No, better solutions exist from practically everyone.
What is the point anymore? The Mini's magic is gone and the desktop computer world has changed.   Apple should scrap the Mini entirely and lower the base iMac to $799.
The obvious question is which video cards will power this fabled 8K iMac.   Graphics power will have to be upped substantially, and I'm not sure how this will pay for itself. Just about no one is shooting 8K movies for home and prosumer use.
I do feel sorry for whomever at LG has lost their job.   It's odd that with TB3 finally in the pipeline, they'd be working on a display that overruns its capacity within three months. Thunderbolt can't continually be a moving target, can it?   Finally, the 40" 8K iMac has a target market of exactly one guy: Batman.
The Thunderbolt 2 thing is definitely a bit weird.   The (non-Retina) Airs have it, which means that the 13" Air will compete directly against the new MacBook in terms of performance for many people. And the Air is significantly cheaper.   It's not a major deal, but usually Apple is more careful not to have this kind of overlap in their product matrix.
I assume Apple will sell a companion hub for docking at home, but it will be interesting to see what the mobile solution looks like for those who want to plug in a USB device and charge the computer at the same time.   Also, no-one here cares that we've lost MagSafe?
No, but it will take a few months to reengineer the 15" with the new keyboard, trackpad and other stuff.