or Connect

Posts by Frank777

Nonsense. It's a real issue. We've all known that the Mini is the computer Apple hates. That's fine, but what Apple's done this time is to kill the soul of the machine. The Mini is the hobbyist machine. It's the only part of the Mac line that you can modify to run billboards, in-car systems, trade show booths, security systems, concert lighting, business servers, telephone systems and whatever else your mind dreams up. It's the Hypercard of Mac hardware. Contrary to many,...
It's here!
 I think that the Pro is Apple's technology showcase, and won't be updated until mid-2015 when Thunderbolt 3 is ready to go.
Not to mention it will have to be much thicker than it should be, which will severely impact portability. :)
 Any chance that Apple is rushing TB3 and that's why the desktops haven't seen updates in awhile? Or is Skylake still the best we can hope for?
The 27" is used a lot in publishing. It'll be interesting to see how this works with CS6, since the GPU will already be taxed pretty hard.   Interesting machine, but I'll certainly wait for the reviews before I buy one.
 It may turn out that the wait to Retinize the mass-market-focused Air, Mini and iMac may have been for DisplayPort 1.3. Apple strangely didn't update the TB Display when the Pro shipped.Since the Pro is a niche machine, maybe they want to be sure all their lines can take advantage of it when it does.
 Nah, the product's real and the delay probably had more to do with redesign and chip delays. But it doesn't hurt for Apple to leak that it's coming to change the current direction of the Mac press.
This piece of good news seems suspiciously timed to placate Mac fans, and to increase internet speculation that pushes Bendgate/Bendgazi and iOS 8 update problems off to the side burners.   But we'll happily go along with it.
Is NCIS now a danger to American Civil Liberties?