or Connect

Posts by Frank777

True, but if they are interested in promoting Thunderbolt 3 as the future they need to tie the new plug to the Mac products with the biggest upgrade cycles this year. That means getting it out on the Mac Pro (and iMac 5K and Macbook Pros) as soon as possible. If they skip the V2 upgrade of the Mac Pro, it will be another year before TB3 is introduced to the Pros who are most likely to use it.
 I can't imagine why DP 1.3 wouldn't be supported on the next Mac Pro. While it was finalized last fall, its major design has almost certainly been in company labs for more than a year. And I had thought we were expecting the next Mac Pro update to be unveiled mid-year (at WWDC?) and to feature Skylake chips, not Haswell.
Best explanation ever.
 I think the claim is that it will have a USB 3.1 port.
Before we start echoing the Final Cut X debate exactly, could the impatient Aperture users please take a deep breath and remember that in major software transitions Apple typically tries to get the basics right and then add complex features in the next few releases?   Aperture will continue to work in the meantime.
Uh oh. Sounds like making USB 3.1 gear is hitting some roadblocks.   Wonder if this means anything for the release date for the 12"?
Okay, I was being a bit mischievous with the post. I do know the Mac Mini's in a different weight class.   But the HP unit does exude a certain energy that the original Mac Mini had.   It's basically saying "find a use for me" which is how Mac guys originally viewed the Mini. Then people ran out and built Media units, Home and Office servers, Car Audio installs and the like.   It's been awhile since that kind of thing surrounded the Mini. I think a lot of people...
While I'm sure the new $500. Mini completely beats this in performance, it is a bit disconcerting that HP's new Mini PC is so much smaller, cheaper and lighter than Apple's.   After all, if you're going to lock down upgrades and remove the server features, you might as well go small or go home, right?
 Yep. I bought a Yikes G4 back in the day and saw it upgraded to the Sawtooth motherboard before I barely had a chance to break it in. Early adoption has a downside, and given that this issue only affects a very small minority of users, it doesn't really worry me. The 2015 version should be amazing, with Thunderbolt 3 and USB 3.1 ports, Skylake processors (and new RAM right?)Also, the 5K Thunderbolt display should be about ready for mass production by mid-year. I think...
 AFAIK, TextEdit still has a floating color palette.