or Connect

Posts by GQB

My gut feeling is that at the end of the day, Apple will identify a manufacturer of an inexpensive edge case that they will make available to anyone who asks. It won't be fashionista level, but will do the job and cost very little to distribute to anyone who wants one. They will not give out the official Apple case, because that is NOT a cheapo device. If they need to give out something, it will be one aimed at functionality, not style.
Jeez dude... you sound like someone killed your dog.
Everyone take a breath and read Gruber on this... http://daringfireball.net/2010/07/translation_iphone_4
It doesn't 'technically' get better reception... it really does get better reception. I live in AT&T hell... wilderness edge in Marin, and spend time in SF.Reception in both has greatly improved.Frankly, if the price for most people getting better reception is that a few folks have to use a bumper (I use one simply because its a great case, btw) or have to skootch their fingers a centimeter one way or the other, then its an overall win, and the disaffected can now take...
Prove that the non Apple vendors will require enforcing fees when the manufacturer has indicated otherwise. Prove, not whine.
Simply because there IS no issue.
Using the 3rd grade term 'fail' is a fail. Return to beneath your bridge.
Whoa their pardner. If you've been spouting off all this time WITHOUT EVEN HAVING ONE, you really need to show some intellectual honesty be returning it before you even open it. You have NO grounds for griping. Return it now so someone who deserves it can get their hands on it.
Wow... the American school system really does produce illiterates, doesn't it?What they're saying (and as those of us who actually have one in marginal reception areas have been saying) is that the display has been over-reporting strength in weak areas, making normal drops in the display look more dramatic.Actual reception has been improved greatly.I'm curious.. when you go to a restaurant, do you eat the menu instead of the actual food? Just wondering.
No, reception is better because of the exposed antenna. The perception by John Q is completely due to the hysterical parroting of nonsense by ignorant bloggers and media.