or Connect

Posts by huntercr

Sharp seemed to think it was possible in their April press release   Granted, they're not  as far along as what they're demoing currently would imply, but  who knows?   It all seems too much to throw at the consumer at the same time.... new iPhone, new ipad mini new touch, new nano, new iMacs. At least one of those should be an incremental upgrade. I guess it should be the iMac, but I'd really like to have an amazing leap like this in the iMacs. 
    It's maybe a minor thing for me to pick at, but Tylenol *used* to have a patent for paracetamol ( acetaminophen)  that ran out almost 30 years ago.  Back then they could have charged  whatever they wanted, and did. it was a great success.   They didn't have a monopoly on pain medication though.. there were several other drugs  that have had just as long and great of a success... Ibuprofen and aspirin both trade on brand ( Advil and Bayer ) so much that people don't...
I believe this is the new Apple proprietary hole, or "A-hole" for short.
I think this is ridiculous speculation from all the usual Kings of navel gazing. I don't know why I bother reading  blogs/tweets from these guys. Half the time Gruber has his distortion field turned on so hard about web technologies and pushing "allies" sites, it gets so old. Then every once in awhile they stumble upon a real tidbit. This isn't one of those moments. This is completely nonsense... ok maybe they could and will have a separate event. BUt this is what...
Old thread I know, but as some other previosuly mentioned..  I think this would be great if this would actually going to serve as a combination "swipe to unlock" *and* the authorization? It would be completely seamless to the user. ( Assuming this sensor was fully integrated into the main screen )   That would be beyond awesome....   You could even keep the existing pin access method to but enhance it with fingerprint identification, so that with each quick...
  I think you envision how this plug works plug far differently than I do.  I mean that small magnets would hold the male end in place once it had been inserted. I don't see how this would be "impossible". I do realize that it might cause some EM interference though. How do I imagine it would slide out? Um... by pulling on it? I don't understand why you don't think that's possible.   Well, anyway, you're probably right that it's not anything cool like that. Someone else...
  There's no evidence against it that I know of. I believe I may have read someone else speculate this, but granted no evidence per se. It would seem to me a good possibility that this could happen. It's such an elegant feature.   What common sense would you say is against it?   It would add a stumbling block to cloning apple's cable, which Apple certainly desires. Since the orientation doesn't matter, it would make docking/plugging in your iDevice  "magically" simple....
  I think it actually will go in that far.  My guess is that the extra metal will be that it uses Magsafe to keep it held in.   So far from what we have seen, we have a cable that is as small as mini-usb, and can be plugged into either orientation  and is held in by Magsafe. I really hope this is true!
 IANAL, but I believe this essentially correct, and California is an At Will state, however a wrongful termination suit can still be brought upon a company. The burden of proof is on the employee however to show that the company was attempting to terminate illegally or unjustly. California does not have an Implied Contract clause where if your boss states he/she'll never fire you, so I'll be surprised if the "Steve said I could still work here forever" stands up, even if...
  It's Jury trial.  That can't happen. The Jury decides the "matters of fact"... that is, whether anyone infringes on anyone, does damage, willfully infringes, etc.   The Jury can even determine the value of those damages ( as they are requested to do in this trial, if you read the questionnaire ) The Judge isn't deciding anything but matters of law...making sure the trail proceeds properly and that the jury isn't manipulated. The Judge can't change what the jury says or...