or Connect

Posts by 11thIndian

Gruber isn't talking specifically about the overall watch shape, but about the band across the bottom of the face where the display controllers are.  It's a round watch face with a chunk out of the bottom of the display.  He's been raging on this on the blog and THE TALK SHOW since it was announced.  And he's right, it's a lazy compromised design.If you've ever really read Gruber, you've heard him criticize many things about Apple hardware and software over the years.
Yet another article parroting TechCrunch's erroneous reporting that Apple is working with Adobe to transition people to Lightroom.  TechCrunch already corrected this LAST FRIDAY!
 With no currently sold or supported iPhones using the "Pre-Retina" resolution of 320x480 anymore, I think Apple could make room for at least 1 additional resolution target for developers.  With the current 640x960 essentially becoming the new 1x, and either a new doubling or alternate resolution [1080p] taking up a new 2x position for larger screens.
 Which is why I don't think they're going to offer only one option from here on.  They don't do it in any of their other major product categories- all those devices have two screen size options.  I think 2 could suffice for this year, but I think the iPhone could potentially expand to 3 sizes- from the current 4" screen, to a 4.7" we'll very likely see here, to a 5.5" version- whether that's this year or not.
 You said it exactly.  You are subscribing to Apple, just via their hardware.  Apple can afford to work this way.  Adobe as a purely software company cannot. Without needing to sell it's user base on big, annual upgrades, Adobe has no motivation to hold back features.  So updates will come more frequently. Apple similarly releases updates when they're ready.  If you've already bought FinalCutProX, then don't expect to pay again until the next major revision- which could be...
 Its an easy thing to say, but if you work in video production, publishing, web design, etc.... Adobe's products (for good or ill) hold the same preeminent position as Microsofts Office Suite. I think them moving to the subscription model will ultimately open up a window for some competitor to scoop up users who can't or won't move onto Creative Cloud.  Guys like Acorn or Pixelmator should be moving as fast as they can right now to build out their applications as viable...
 Exactly.  Without the need to sell users on a new version of the software every year, Adobe can push out more frequent updates, rather than stockpiling them for one big update. I only use a limited number of their apps, so I wish they had some more flexible subscription options, but overall I think it was a move they needed to make.
 Leaving buffering room for video content, the amount of built-in storage (8GB) in the aTV leaves very little room for "apps" as you'd imagine them downloaded onto the box, like your iPhone or iPad.  So if Apple is planning for apps like that then they'll need to add more flash storage to the hardware.  I think this is why they'd prefer people to use AirPlay to stream games from other iOS devices, if they can get the lag down to something gamers can accept. Channels, on...
 There's several things Apple could be waiting on- 1. Release of Mavericks2. Sufficient supply of the new Intex Xeon chips3. Thunderbolt 2- which as far as I know isn't anywhere yet
 Hard to say.  Since the iMac didn't get TB2, I think it's far more likely that the MBP won't get it either, and that TB2 will be exclusive to the MacPro until next year's revisions.